Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 02:20 PM

One more tip: you don't have to chew the dramamine. You can swallow the pills and avoid the taste and aftertaste, it will, however, enter your system less rapidly this way.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-09-2009, 06:24 PM

The trick is to take it before you sail if you know the seas are rough. The Freedom Class ships seem to ride smooth even in 10 foot swells. There's only one word I use to describe the Freedom...AWESOME!

Sonny
Old 01-09-2009, 07:35 PM

My husband and I cruised with RCCL on the Freedon June of '06. This was our first cruise and now we are ruined. We will never go with anyone but RCCL. The food was great! We found breakfast room service was fantastic, no getting out of bed early. You can eat lunch with causual clothing in the main dining hall. The food here was better we thought for lunch than they buffet. Pizza - all you can eat at 0200 was not bad either. We are in our 30's. Not big fans of "shows" such as broad way. These were different. They are so unbeleivable. We went every night. We ate at the main dining room at 6pm then hit the cassino, then went to the late shows. Never could tell if the boat rocked. I don't know if you have a promanade room on the 8th floor but it is a good sized interior room with a great view of the mall. That is where the parties are some times at night. We did the rock climbing, scuba diving, and WATCHED the flow rider. That was funny enough to watch for hours. The service was great. Not one complaint. Hope you have as much fun as we did.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 AM

Thankyou all so much!! I CANNOT WAIT!! We have actually decided to drive from Jersey to Miami...21 hours, but I think we will have fun driving, although he wants me to drive, and im the girly girl thats never driven out of jersey! I will be buying a sea sickness aid before we leave just in case...hopefully I won't need it.

Jac'06- We do not have a promenade room we have a balcony room...my boyfriend won't cruise without a balcony...I would have loved a promenade room because it is so different and it is a new experience, as on our last cruise we also had a balcony. This past weekend was cruise weekend on the travel channel and we taped all of the shows, even the ones we have seen,and it is getting us so amped up about our cruise 63 days seems so far even though we booked at 180, i guess we are halfway there!! But really Im rambling and I really thankyou all for your input and suggestions!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 AM

Hi there, We are first time cruisers, also going on Freedom of the Seas on March 15th. My husband was reading me the post from Sam27 and I had to respond because the room number sounded soooo familar. Why, because our room is 8659, not balcony, stateroom so maybe we are across the hall or something. Just found it ironic. We are from Buffalo (NO SNOW JOKES PLEASE and are flying into Miami the night before so we dont face Weather delays. CANT WAIT! Our Twins are also very excited. Just booked all our excursions last week.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:49 AM

Old 01-19-2009, 05:26 AM

I kept feeling like no one else was going on this cruise-it seems so booked, I'm glad i found somebody! We are driving because i was afraid that it would snow and we would be stuck in jersey! We are leaving Friday the 13th- so i keep telling him its 2 days less than royal says because he tells me everyday what the countdown says, we can't wait!
We booked one of our excursions not through the ship, a sting ray city excursion in Grand Cayman. We are eventually going to book Dunns River Falls in Jamaica- just haven't done it yet. I also want to do something in Cozumel we just aren't sure what.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Congrats to all of you on the booking!

Twinszzzzz, to get your countdown clock to work, select the BB option (not html).
Old 01-19-2009, 05:27 PM

Cozumel was our most difficult to pick excursions...we chose the Snuba at the pearlfarm. We wanted to do the Zipline in Jamaica but it is 12 years old on RC excursions even though the actual age requirement of the zip line company is only 10, which my girls would have been able to do...Rats, that means we'll have to cruise again when they are 12 Thanks for the advice on the ticker, I'm going to try again and see how it goes.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:08 AM

That stinks about the zipline, but im sure your girls and you won't have a problem with cruising again!

Closed Thread

Tags
2009, age, freedom, ice, limit, lining, reviews, sea, seas, show, sickness, stabilizeers, stabilizers, weight, zip