Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Sonny is absolutely correct about the pool attendents.

Coincidently...the Today Show on NBC this morning had an entire segment on people who dump their towels and stuff on chairs early in the morning and then take off to eat breakfast, workout, etc. Obviously, with all due respect to nc liz, the segment was entitled, ahem, uh, “Are You a Chair Hog”.

The jist of the video was that some people are bacon in the sun without a chair because of early morning chair reservations. Butt, due to squeals of protests, pool attendants are watching chairs and removing towels if the people don’t show up in 30 minutes. Of course the people whose towels were removed don’t cotton to this new policy, and offer all sorts of excuses, such as…”I was just tossing the old pigskin around with my boy for a few minutes in the pool” or “ I was hungry and went to get an order of Pigs in a Blanket”, or even, “this new policy is a bunch of Tripe”.

While the pool attendants are taking a lot of Ribbing over their new duties, they try to use humor to calm the displaced people, but, they admit, it is no Picnic Hamming it up to avoid a scene. In one situation a displaced person demanded to have his book, towel and Razorback…but he got no sympathy from the crowd who felt you reap what you Sow.

To learn more, visit www.todayshow.com and click on “Are you a Chair Hog” in the “Today Show Videos” section.

Note: NCL takes no responsiblity for the above posting.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

Who was it that said puns are the lowest form of humor? Dey was wrong. Nice post, with a point!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:42 PM

NC Liz, thanks for your info; cherish those moments like the glass of champagne and Portofino's; life is sooooooooooo short and the kids grow up sooooooooo fast..

SailorJack, I like your choice of words also! Nice job. I will not be a "chair hog".

Goin' Cruisin', I'll be glad to have you back; thats not nice to say, but you are going on the Explorer also and we are on the 8th. Will look forward to your posts upon return.

17 Sunsets and one glorious sunrise!

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

Oh, so sorry; I'm not getting off the ship. I just decided. Actually, unlike some of the other sickos who like to take up their precious time and post while they're cruising, I'm waaaay selfish and won't be doing that. You'll already be nearing 28.6% completion of your cruise by the time I get back to my computer (that's Tuesday, mid day, for you who are mathematically challenged).

I actually only have two more work days before I'm starting my vacation-takin' Wednesday off for last minute stuff (making sure my wine is properly packaged for the flight), fly in to Orlando Thursday, don't look forward to Friday and Saturday at Dizzy World, and goin' cruisin' on Sunday.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Now GC, don't go passing me off as a farmer, (with all the respect in the world for those who are), the only pigs on my premises are fashioned into sausage, bacon, salt pork, pit hams and short ribs, no butts about it. (Well maybe a couple in the freezer for later smoking.)

I think GC you are in in a state of full blown "giddy" I can almost hear you squealin' from here.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

For all the Univ of Arkansawyers out there....Soooooooooeeeeee! Piggggg! By the way, I, too, have huge respect for the farmers, especially the family farmer as opposed to the conglomerate farms.

Yeah, Cheffy, I'm giddy. Also went 3 for 4 against some youngsters in softball tonight. HAH! I heard a 20 something tell his outfielders to move in on the old guy, so I drove one off the fence. HAH. They did'nt play me shallow the rest of the night! Sooooooeeeeee! Piggggggg!

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, break, chair, er, lounge, reef, reserve, snorkel