Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2005, 08:05 PM

We are thinking about doing the Western Caribbean on the Mariner. Any specific recommendations regarding shore excursions/waiters/bartenders, etc. are appreciated.

We are thinking about going down a day early, which we did in Ft. Lauderdale for a previous cruise, and really enjoyed the extra day. My question, should we stay in Orlando that night, and go in the morning, or should we get to the coast and stay in a hotel there. (Orlando activities not required.)

The real reason for this post(sorry its getting so long) is that a few years ago we took the Sovereign, didnt go a day early and used a gentleman named Rabbit to drive us to the Port. He owns the company and has a few vans/drivers. If anyone knows of him, or can direct me to the website i would greatly appreciate it (Grandpa loved the guy, wants to use him again).

I'm not sure if this board has any rules against advertising etc., if so hopefully this won't be taken as such
Old 01-10-2005, 08:05 PM

We are thinking about doing the Western Caribbean on the Mariner. Any specific recommendations regarding shore excursions/waiters/bartenders, etc. are appreciated.

We are thinking about going down a day early, which we did in Ft. Lauderdale for a previous cruise, and really enjoyed the extra day. My question, should we stay in Orlando that night, and go in the morning, or should we get to the coast and stay in a hotel there. (Orlando activities not required.)

The real reason for this post(sorry its getting so long) is that a few years ago we took the Sovereign, didnt go a day early and used a gentleman named Rabbit to drive us to the Port. He owns the company and has a few vans/drivers. If anyone knows of him, or can direct me to the website i would greatly appreciate it (Grandpa loved the guy, wants to use him again).

I'm not sure if this board has any rules against advertising etc., if so hopefully this won't be taken as such
Old 01-11-2005, 11:01 AM

My personal choice would be to stay at a hotel in Orlando for the night and leave in the morning. Having stayed both places, I found the options and prices to be much more reasonable and plentiful in Orlando.

Sorry, I can't help you in tracking down Rabbit.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-11-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the reply Nancy, I was leading towards Orlando. Next question is if there are any hotels that have a shuttle service from the airport, or is a cab real easy?

Also, I riffled through all my old stuff and finally found the shuttle service to Port Canaveral that I was looking for (just in case anyone was trying to figure it out).
Old 01-11-2005, 06:43 PM

sie625:
Glad you found your paperwork. Would you please share the information... we will be looking for a shuttle as well.

We stayed in Port Canaveral the night before on our last trip. It was very convenient, but I, like Nancy, think you can do better with hotel rates in Orlando. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2005, 07:19 PM

the shuttle that we used can be found at www.yourride.net, the rates are about average, its quite an advantage if your travelling with 5 or more people (i believe they say the van can take 10, but with luggage???) they also have limos. They meet you at the bottom of the stairs by the baggage pick-up, and help with the bags the entire way, an advantage if you pack heavy, have kids or have elderly people with you. as i mentioned above, the gentleman who drove was named rabbit and was the owner, very nice guy, i'm sure that all of their drivers are.

What cruise are you going on/when?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:23 PM

Jan 30, on the Mariner.

Thanks for the information. I will check them out.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 PM

According to their rates it is $190 roundtrip. Do you or anyone else know if that is that a total for the vehicle/trip or per/person rate?
Thank you.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:38 PM

Does anyone know if Royal Caribbean has their own shuttle service? What does it cost, and do you have to wait until the vehicle is full, before it leaves? I'm reading about a few horror stories regarding shuttles online.
Thanks.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:04 PM

You pay for the vehicle, which is what i meant by there is an advantage if you have 5 or more people. Not sure if RCCL has a shuttle but i know there are a few companies that run buses. Typical rate is about $30/person i think. From my experience with Celebrity(although this was in Rome) you will definately have to wait for the bus to be full if you use a RCCL shuttle(or any bus for that matter) They are going to wait for those last few $30 to be coming in. Where as with a private shuttle it is $190 whether it is 1 person or 10.

As a side note, if you take a bus, make sure you know exactly where it is/how to get there. In Rome it took me 40 minutes to find the Celebrity shuttle, which left without me because it was full, even though that was the "Chicago" shuttle, so then i sat there another 1/2 hour or so until the next flight came in.

Closed Thread