Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2003, 02:22 PM

I am currently planning my honeymoon on the Voyager on Sept 14th. I have never cruised before and wondered a few things. Is it better to prepay tips? How dumb are we for taking a cruise during hurricane season? And finally I would like to bring my own water on board. Am I allowed to bring on stuff like that? Thanks for all replies. Anyone else going out on that date? I'd like to make some friends for the trip
Old 02-05-2003, 02:22 PM

I am currently planning my honeymoon on the Voyager on Sept 14th. I have never cruised before and wondered a few things. Is it better to prepay tips? How dumb are we for taking a cruise during hurricane season? And finally I would like to bring my own water on board. Am I allowed to bring on stuff like that? Thanks for all replies. Anyone else going out on that date? I'd like to make some friends for the trip
Old 02-05-2003, 02:39 PM

Great choice for a honeymoon! Regarding some of your questions: I have never tried pre-paying tips, but Tom & Mary (frequent posters on this site, who also have a "page" on cruisereviews.com, swear by it. It might be worth a try. (Read some of their articles to see if this option is for you.)
Hurricane season is unpredictable at best. You could have wonderful weather, or you could have crummy weather. One advantage of Voyager, it is such a big ship with so many things to do that if you have to change itineraries, skip port calls, etc. due to bad weather, you still won't be bored!Just go with the flow, and realize that the captain has the authority to change the itinerary at the last minute, and will if he considers the original course unsafe or even very uncomfortable for the passengers. I wouldn't worry about it.
As far as water goes, I always travel with a small water bottle in my possession and have never encountered a problem. However, if you are talking volumes, that could be tough, especially with weight limits on luggage! Water onboard cruise ships is generally very good; usually I bring a bottle aboard at first and just refill it from the tap as often as I need. They also sell bottled water onboard, though of course it's not cheap.
Have a wonderful time!
Karen
Old 02-10-2003, 06:13 PM

The best tip that I can give you is read about the various shore excursions, then decide if they are something that you could do on your own. The cruise lines often charge you way more than is necessary (I know they have to make a profit) but you could often easily do the same things by yourselves by simply taking a taxi and paying your own admission charges. Something to consider...
Old 02-15-2003, 09:28 AM

We actually took 12 bottles of water on our cruise. It was our first cruise and we did not know how the water would be. It was very good. We will just take a couple bottles the next time and refill them. Enjoy your trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, bring, cruise, hurricane, season, tips, water