Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 PM

My husband and I are planning on booking the Sovereign of the Seas 4-night cruise to the Bahamas for May 15-19. We're interested in saving money and were wondering how bad the obstructed view is on Deck 8 (I read a review that said it was for lifeboats). I tend to get a little claustrophobic, so I want a window I can see out of, and if all I can see is a lifeboat, there won't be much point and I'd rather spend the extra money for a different deck. Anyone with experience on Deck 8? Thanks in advance. =)
Old 01-30-2006, 01:05 PM

You could try to get a cabin that's "in between" 2 lifeboats. Take a look at deck 8 and you can see which cabins those are. That'd be a little better. That's what I did on my next cruise.
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 9/12/2004
Spirit of Chicago 2-hr Cruise 7/24/04
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 3/29/04
Costa Mediterranea 12/14/03
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 9/21/03
Old 01-30-2006, 01:56 PM

My wife and I were on the Majesty which is Sovereign's sister ship and we had 8090. We did have a lifeboat in front of the window. If you stayed low in the window you could see the shore by looking under the lifeboat. If I had a choice I would have picked another room.

We are also on the May 15th cruise on Sovereign. We are on deck 7 this time.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 01-30-2006, 03:23 PM

After reading your post I had to find a picture so you can see what the view is like..

I can not believe I only took one picture. But again we were out and about as this was our first cruise.

If you look at this picture. You will notice that half of the window is blocked. Yet you can see out under the lifeboat.

Hope this helps Hermes501

Obstructed View Deck 8 Sovereign

Looking out under the lifeboat

Quote:
Originally posted by hermes501:
My husband and I are planning on booking the Sovereign of the Seas 4-night cruise to the Bahamas for May 15-19. We're interested in saving money and were wondering how bad the obstructed view is on Deck 8 (I read a review that said it was for lifeboats). I tend to get a little claustrophobic, so I want a window I can see out of, and if all I can see is a lifeboat, there won't be much point and I'd rather spend the extra money for a different deck. Anyone with experience on Deck 8? Thanks in advance. =)
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 01-30-2006, 07:03 PM

Hermes~~

No, the Category G staterooms aren't the best on this ship; you are under an overhang and of course there's those lifeboats.....

I don't wish to say something unpleasant, but the staterooms on Deck 7 are not without the problem of the windows being right there on promenade deck exactly at the level of the people promenading; they are very much able to look into your stateroom, and in turn, your view is of all of the people on the promenade deck.

Perhaps it is not too late to switch to an outside stateroom on another deck.

Bon Voyage!

Lana

Closed Thread

Tags
cabins, deck, jewel, majesty, monarch, obstructed, rccl, seas, view, views