Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 12:52 AM

We are family with children 3'7 and 10 years old
We are going for our first cruise and finding it hard to decide between
marinier or voyager.
We will be happy if someone can give us advice which boat is better and
suitable for children
Old 12-18-2006, 12:57 AM

Meriner is newer and better.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:17 AM
They are sister ships, as are several of the other ships in the Voyager Class os liners, and yes, Mariner is the newer ship of that class. Right now, tho, Freedom is the newest ship in RCCL's line. I (we) really like the Mariner, and Port Canaveral, Fla.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Not the Voyager!

Sonny
Old 12-19-2006, 04:47 AM

Sonny, why do you say not the voyager?
Old 12-20-2006, 04:40 PM

As you know, I was on the Voyager last week. I'm booking on the Voyager again for March 3rd 2007 and just canceled it and booked the Navigator of the same date. We had a lot of disappointing experiences on the Voyager. I't seemed that most of the people working on the ship didn't care about making the cruise enjoyable. With out going into a lot of detail, I can only say last weeks cruise was not an ordinary RCCL cruise. Until they get the ship's crew up to par, I wouldn't suggest cruising on the Voyager is there is an option of another "Voyager" class ship for the same price. I do have customer service investigating the problems and they should correct them.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Sonny, thanks for letting us know about the Voyager because i was thinking about booking a cruise on it for my next cruise. A while ago you mentioned that the Mariner is the best ship of the Voyager class and that you were right. We had a fantastic time on our cruise. With 30+ cruises under your belt we know that we can trust your opinion! Oh and one more thing.. you said that cruising can be addicting and that was also true! My whole family anjoyed the cruise and we are looking forward to our next one! Thanks again Sonny!
2011 - Navigator of the Seas
2011 - Jewel of the Seas
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 PM

tanyababanya, I'm glad to hear your family enjoyed the cruise. I don't think the Voyager will have problems for long. I know they are making changes and a lot of the people in charge are being replaced soon.

Sonny
Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
tanyababanya, I'm glad to hear your family enjoyed the cruise. I don't think the Voyager will have problems for long. I know they are making changes and a lot of the people in charge are being replaced soon.

Sonny
Ok, I know somebody who allready has booked a cruise for next year on the Voyager, and I really hope RCCL are making the changes soon, cause I really want them to have a great cruise!

Was there anything postive with that Voyager-cruise, Sonny?
Old 12-21-2006, 06:30 AM

Yes, we had a great time with all the activities and ports of call. Our waiter was fantastic with our Grandchildren. The Cruise Director was very good. As always, the entertainment was great, especially the ice show. There was a lot of confusion, lack of communication, and an attitude problem with most of the ships staff. The main office in Miami is now aware of the problems on the ship and will make the necessary changes. The Voyager will probably be better than ever.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
comments, mariner, voyager