Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 07:04 AM

We are looking into either a Panama Canal Cruise or a Southern Caribbean Cruise. We are not real big on shopping and like site seeing and some adventure. My husband likes his nite life with music and we do not lay on the beach. We cant sit still that long!
Can you help us in the right direction. I dont think we could take a small ship after being on Carnival Fantasy and Victory for previous trips. We are also restricted to End of February thru end of April 2007 only.
Thank you
WMB
Old 03-29-2006, 07:21 PM

My choice would be the Brilliance of the seas. It's a 10 or 11 day cruise depending which end you start at. The Brilliance is a 90,000 ton ship. Any thing bigger won't fit through the Panama Canal. You get the best of both worlds because you still stop at Oranjestad, Aruba and Willemstad, Curacao. Good luck on your decision.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 PM

Hello. Well, if you want a big ship for the Southern Carib, check out the Adventure of the Seas. She is 138,000 tons. She is in the class of ships, which is the biggest so far that RCCL has. She does a 7 day southern carib out of Puerto Rico through next feb and march. I guess there are alot of factors to consider. I do think the Brilliance is a good idea, the best of both worlds like sonny said. Good luck! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-30-2006, 08:51 AM

It was this time last year that I was in the same predicament. I had my heart set on a 10 day Southern Caribbean with the ports of Curacao and Isle Margarita being the two definate siteseeing ports for me. Then the RC Raidiance had a GREAT deal on the West bound 14 day Panama. I couldn't pass it up, since I ended up paying close to same as the 10 day cruise. Repositionings seem to give the best for the buck, especially when booking a year in advance OR last minute. We'll be going from Miami to San Diego, so get to take in Caribbean (Aruba),Panama, Costa Rica, Mexico (Huatulco, Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas). AND Aruba is a great port for night life, with most ships staying there till midnight.
Crown Princess April/07 - Fun In The Sun in Eastern Caribbean
RCI Brilliance Of The Seas March/08 - Here We Go Again
RCI Vision Of The Seas Dec/08 - Joining Sis On Her Redneck Honeymoon in Mexico

Closed Thread

Tags
10, canal, caribbean, caribean, carribean, carribian, cruise, cruises, day, panama, reviews, souther, southern, versus, vs