Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 07:35 AM
I will be crusing for the first time on the Freedom of the Seas in May of 2007 and I see that some of thr reviews has the food in the dining as poor is the case for the whole cruise menu. I have a balcony on the 9th level what does aft mean and what is the hump??????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-26-2006, 07:53 AM

Hey, welcome to cruise chat! We are also going on the Freedom in October 2007. Our room is right in front of the "bump". The way I understand it, if you look at a picture of the ship, the bump is the group of rooms that curve out on each side, usually towards the back of the ship. They curve out to make room for the elevators. The aft of the ship is the back of the ship. Sounds like you have a good location.

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-26-2006, 09:17 AM

Food is a too subjective subject. On a recent cruise on a different cruise line one member of a group of 34 thought the food was horrible. The rest of us dropped our mouths in surprise that she would make such a statement. When most thought the food was just fine with some minor exceptions.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:05 PM

RCC has great food. Top notch.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Spritfilled,

The food in the dining room on the Freedom was generally fine on our cruise in June. There were a couple items that were lackluster, but I attributed it to ours being the first 7-day voyage for the ship and the galley and waiters were still working on their rhythm. And even those lackluster items didn't ruin the meal. I ordered the steak and shrimp entree and the shrimp were overcooked, but the steak was perfectly prepared. No biggie to me. Overall I was happy with what I was served.

I always thought Celebrity had great food, and like Cruise Fanatic I was stunned when on the Mercury in 1999 - with a group of cruise fanatics - and one member told me how disappointed he was with the food. What he really was disappointed with was the presentation. He didn't think they plated the food as well as other lines, and let this ruin his whole dining experience.

It is all so subjective.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:13 PM

The hump is in the center of the ship. My second choice when booking a cruise. I like being cantilevered out over the water.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:37 PM

Sonny, what would your first choice when booking a room? Also do you prefer being on the port or starboard side of a ship, or does that matter to you? I always trust your opinions because of all the cruising you have done

Linda

Old 08-26-2006, 07:25 PM

Linda,
It doesn't matter what side of the ship I'm on. I prefer the aft of the ship. The main reason is the size of the balcony. Much bigger than any side cabin. But, that depends on which ship. The best aft cabins are on the Radiance class ships. The Voyager class ships have the support ring that blocks some of the view unless you're on a corner balcony. You probably saw some of the balcony pictures I posted links to in past posts. My next cruise on the Freedom. I'm booked on deck 9 near the hump. I couldn't get a connecting cabin on the hump, or I would have booked it. Thank you for the comment about trusting my opinions because of all the crusing I've done. But why are you laughing out loud?

Sonny
Old 08-27-2006, 07:35 AM

Sonny,
Only because I LOVE what you & your wife do and you have such great pictures of your cruises. It blew my mind to find this message board and see all the cruises people goes on, I think it's great! None of my family has ever gone. I practically had to twist my dad's arm to get him and my mom to go with me & my husband and our son on one next year. He will be 77! He's a gambler, so I think he will be alright when he gets on board.
Anyway I always enjoy reading your & Dave56's posts cause I know you're talking from lots of experience.

Linda

Closed Thread

Tags
1999, food, freedom, hump, mercury, rooms, seas