Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 03:42 PM

I think I saw this somewhere but can not find it...

What exactley do we wear for formal dinner? I do have a suit (Non pant..More like a skirt) Would that be ok? Closest dress would be one that slips over my head..Not sure if I would wear that to a black tie event though. (Is formal like a black tie event?)

Is kakai (spelling off) pants. dress shirt, tie and coat nneded for men? Is dress coat optional?

This is only thing left we need to figure out.
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Formal nights (usually two on a 7 night cruise) is mearly a time for you to dress up, if you wish, in formal attire. There are many people on a cruise who will go whole hog and wear a tux or a formal gown IF THEY WANT. We usually wear our normal evening wear clothes for all nights (in my case,I always wear a nice pair of slacks and a polo or button-down shirt. Some people wear a suit coat and tie or a nice dress or slacks for the ladies. There is NO requirement to wear formal wear. Many people do wear formal attire because there is a photographer who will take pictures that many people buy and take home to frame. My wife and I have several pictures of ourselves in our regular evening wear. The formal choice is totally yours. Have a great time!!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:58 PM

Jim102..Thanks..I'll bring both outfits..Actually wore dress for dinner one night on Disney cruise..Other one I actually wore to a wedding last year Which I thik will be perfectly fine..Jusat wanted to make sure.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:44 AM

Candice, it was in days gone by, that formal really meant formal. Not that men had to wear tuxedoes, but they were encouraged. Now, as long as you're not in shorts, they don't seem to care.

It's the only time I get to see my hubby dressed up, so I really enjoy "formal" nights. Him, well, not so much

Your outfits sound perfect
Old 10-07-2010, 07:45 AM

penny3333 thanks..Like I said early really last thing we have to "worry" about..Husband asked me a couple times about it but could not remember what was said in here about it.
Only thing we have left is shore excursions. Have not purchased any yet..Nothing really catches my eye other than hanging out at beach..Husband wants to do those jetskis.
Thanks

Old 10-10-2010, 06:06 PM

Hi Candice.

As stated, it is up to you what you want to wear for formal night. Either of your outfits (suit or dress) should be fine. My table mates weren't super dressy, but dressy enough, if that makes any sense. There will be 2 formal nights for your cruise. Check your cruise compass, which will be delivered the evening before your next port of call, or day at sea. On my cruise, the formal nights were Monday and Thursday. This was the Western Caribbean itinerary. I don't know if it's different for the Eastern Caribbean.

I'll post a review later.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-10-2010, 06:17 PM

MCPayne Glad to hear from ya. Been waiting..Hope you had a blast..I'm sure you are not happy to be back Can't wait to hear all about your trip

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, black, caribbean, carribean, cruise, dinner, dinners, dress, formal, freedom, photos, pictures, review, royal, seas, suit, tie