Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 08:25 PM

okay this is my 2nd time cruising,but 1st time with rc,i will be on the voyager of the seas,sept 23,can anyone chime in with any dos and donts,i also dont know too much about the dining setup,our last cruise was on ncl,any info will be a help,there are 3 of us,my self and my spouse and our single male friend,we would love for hime to meet someone........lol
Old 06-28-2005, 08:38 PM

RC has two dinner seatings in the dining room; early is about 6 and late is about 8:30. If you are night owls, go for the late dining; if you don't sleep well on a full stomach, choose early. If you want your friend to "meet someone," you might be better off in late seating, unless you are over 60.

Enjoy! Voyager is a fun ship with tons to do. The "street" will knock your socks off!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:50 PM

ty-wha is the street,also due to the fact that our last cruise was freestyle,what should i expect and what clothing should we have for meals,i am unsure
Old 06-29-2005, 03:40 PM

RCI seven night cruises usually have 2 formal evenings for dinner. I don't have a tuxedo but I wear a dark gray suit for that. My wife will usually wear a long dress (may or may not be an evening gown) The other nights for dinner are usually smart casual... I usually wear a polo type shirt and dockers and my wife will wear a dress or a blouse with a nice pair of slacks. Hope this helps.

TimT
Old 07-09-2005, 10:18 AM

Be sure to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants. Portofino is my favorite. There is a $20.00 cover, but well worth it. It's a real "fine dining" experiance. No rush and you can make reservations for the time you want to eat.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:16 PM

unfortunetly we are not one the tux and gown type but i guess we can go those restaurants when it is not a formal night
Old 07-09-2005, 05:17 PM

When you first board the Voyager, be sure to see the Maitre d' and request a large table with singles (preferably women) at it for your friend. I have found a generous tip at this point can work miracles and will be well worth it for your friend. The Maitre d' will not expect it and if it given with a genuine "thanks for your help", he will bend over backwards to see that your friend gets hooked up.

Go to the "singles mingle" party the first night with your friend and the rest should fall into place quite easily. By making friends with the Maitre d' he will accommodate any dining changes that might be requested during the cruise should your friend meets someone.

Have a great cruise!

Tom
Old 07-09-2005, 07:25 PM

what r other options if we wish not to participate in formal night,and does formal night mean a tux
Old 07-09-2005, 09:34 PM

A dark suit is just fine and many men wear whatever they have in the way of sports coats and slacks. I don't think you would feel out of place whatever you decide to wear. If you want to simply go casual, then the Windjammer is a reasonable alternative (or room service).

Tom
Old 07-10-2005, 03:53 PM

Nucruiser:
Please at least try the formal night at least once! My husband and I are not "formal" types either, and our whole family including teenagers cannot imagine missing the formal nights, in retrospect. They have the best food on those nights (steaks and lobster/shrimp), and the atmosphere of being dressed up makes it a nice event for memories and great pictures. We made our best family pictures while dressed up, and have been great for sharing pictures with friends. Our best group picture is a picture we took with our own camera. My husband and boys wore suits and my daughter and I wore nice black dresses, or skirts. I hope you have a great trip and formal night experience(s).

Closed Thread