Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM

Thanks will look into those options. We fly from San Juan to Buffalo...with a short stop in Philly I believe. Would like to maybe hit the beach in San Juan if we could for even just an hour or more before we head over to the airport to go back home Any beaches close to the San Juan airport that you could recommend?

saublewater

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 PM

We got "stuck" into doing self disembarkation on the Conquest. We were so busy having fun the last night we forgot to get our luggage out before the cut-off time. Luckily we were able to handle all of our luggage and do it. If you chose to do the normal disembark proceedure you will probably still be off the ship by 10:30 even if your "color" is called last. The problem with trying to do a beach in San Jaun before flying out is what to do with your luggage. Maybe check in at the airport and give them your luggage and have one carry on? Then you could taxi back to a beach? But then you are sweaty and sand covered for your flight home. Not sure I would want that.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 09-26-2007, 03:46 PM

We did the self-disembarkation on four night carnival cruise about three years ago, and remember it being very easy, and being off of the ship by 8:30. However, I do not recall going through customs, as opposed to last year when we took a seven day RCI cruise in which we did their disembarkation process which took whawt seemed like forever. Long lines, etc. Both cruises began and ended in Miami, so I don't understand why I am under the impression we didn't do customs when we self disembarked from the four night Carnival cruise.

Maybe my memory is failing me and we did go through customs but I just didn't realize it. Either way, this year, we have an 11:40a.m. flight to catch, so am wondering if we should self-disembark or use the cruise lines process. It is my understanding that we are to make RCI aware of our flight time and we will be accomodated with an earlier departure color. Is this correct?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:47 PM

This is true...but then you can always rinse off in the ocean and change into some clothes once you get back to the airport right? Just a thought...we may have had enough sun after 9 nights at sea? Maybe we'll just shop for handbags in San Juan! lol

saublewater

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Thanks for all the tips. I just by chance found this thread and am considering doing self disembarkation when I go on my cruise next Monday aboard Majesty of the Seas to the Bahamas, as I have an early flight (11:00 am) on the morning we arrive back in Miami, which according to the itinerary, arrive at 7:00 am.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, cruise, day, disembark, disembarkation, early, juan, lines, miami, procedures, rccl, royal, san, time