Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:09 PM

I know this is a little off topic but unless you are traveling with someone over the age of 25 you may not be partying at all. Unless you are married, one of you have to be 25 years old to book on RCCL. We ran into this problem when we booked a group on RCCL. We had a couple of cousins go with us, 16 and 17yrs old, and because they're parents weren't with us they had to be placed in rooms with someone over 25. We tried everything we could think of not to inconvenience anyone in our group, but to no avail. RCCL wouldn't budge on this policy. If you are traveling with a group you both will have to be with a 25 yr old, if your by yourselves you may not find out until you go to board the ship that they won't let you on. If anyone else has any ideas I don't know about feel free to correct me.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:21 PM

NO NO that's not off topic at all. I don't understand why they wouldn't say anything to us. I am looking into that as I am typing this right now. Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:42 PM

If you have one of their cruise books it will be in the back under FAQ'S " Can unacompanied minors cruise? " It states if you are under 21 you have to be in a room with someone 25 or older. The only exception is if you are married.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:10 AM

Hi Brittany,

make sure to check this with your travel agent, but yes - I do remember that policy, as well.

There are other cruise lines that do not have this policy, by the way. I think NCL is one of those.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-05-2005, 08:29 AM

What I don't understand about this is why didn't they tell us?? We are booked with a group and we gave all of our information and birth dates and everything and not one word was mentioned. But yes we are looking into it but we can't get ahold of our travel agent!
Old 01-05-2005, 08:36 AM

Now I'm not saying for sure but either your T/A doesn't know this rule or they only do their job of booking the cruise and assume you know what your getting yourselves into.
Let's just say I was a shady T/A who was always out to make my commission. If I booked you on RCCL , you paid all of your monies, didn't find out about this rule until after the drop date, not only would you not get to go, you also wouldn't get your money back and I "the shady T/A" would still get my commission.
I would hope the T/A your boyfriend went thru was simply unaware of the rule.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:29 PM

OK this is where I am at now with the age thing. We were booked with a group and I am just getting put with someone over the age of 25. I also have to get a letter from my parents saying that I can go and it has to be witnessed. Then I am off on the cruise!! Woohoo
Old 01-12-2005, 02:57 PM

Glad it's working out for you - have a great time!!!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-12-2005, 06:18 PM

we will be traveling with our 3 children ages 12-18 and a friend age 16. do we need to get her parents to write a letter that she has permission to go on the cruise? (not talking baout the drinking - just to get on the ship!) we have reserved 3 suites (one for the three girls, one for us and one for our son) - I wonder what we will do as well since there are only 2 of us over 25?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM

I would get a letter from the friends parents saying that she can go on the cruise because that is basically my position! All the letter has to state is that they give permission for them to go on this cruise and it has to be witnessed by someone of authority (works for the government, etc...)
P.S. Thanks Nancy!

Closed Thread

Tags
17, age, caribbean, cruise, drink, drinking, letter, line, permission, policy, rcl, slips, western, write, year