Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Just so you all know, RCCL are no longer using the services of Cruiselineformal, they are providing all tuxedo rentals themselves - just got an email from them
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Well that's nice. What about your order? Was it redirected to RCI?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
WOW

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Dave

After all my bloody measuring!!! theyre not associated with them anymore, however I was speaking to a very helpful girl in RCCL and she took all measurements and assured me it would be onboard when we arrive! hmmmm.. breaking news from corkgirl eh!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:56 PM
corkgirl-Sometimes you can get a fine,former rental very reasonably on EBAY. The longer you have before your cruise the better the choices you'll have to pick from. Remember, a formalwear shop rental is used- and the formalwear shops sell their year old stock on EBAY. You can end up owning the tux with the fixin's for less than a rental!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Administrator

When I was "tuxing" I bought from rental shops. Although used they were hardly abused and rarely had been worn for more than a couple hours at a time, and perhaps only a handful of times before being retired. They have gained the max return on the tux investment and just want to get rid of their old stock for a little extra gravy. Why rent?

Old 09-25-2008, 06:05 PM
My No.1 and I still do the formalwear on the increasingly optional
formal night(s) on each and every cruise. To us it is still as much a part of the fun of a cruise as the cruise itself. We have never felt out of place and have gotten to know most of each ship's officers as a result.

Needless to say, first impressions do last and serve well on board!
Fifty years of cruising has thereby yielded many lasting friendships!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-30-2008, 11:36 AM

Corkgirl, thanks for the info. I just returned from a mini-vacation and am catching up on my cruise-chat friends.

When I returned, I had an email from cruiseline formal also stating that they were not furnishing the tux I had ordered. I wasn't sure what was going on, but now I know! Guess I'll call RCCL.

Thanks!

Nadine
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
No problem Nadine, they were very helpful in RCCL and took the meaurements over the phone, it will be charged to our sea pass card!
Old 10-02-2008, 03:55 AM

Hi
Just a word of warning about the new tux rental service. We recently returned from Independence of teh Seas Med cruise (absolutely brilliant), where the tux rental was the first ship not to use cruiseline formal. I placed the order by phone on the number I was given on the website. I also rang again beforehand to double check the order had been received and was assured it had been, but the tailor did not receive the order. Our wonderful stateroom attendant had to chase the tailor time and time again for him to come to see us (there was no tux waiting for us in our stateroom in the first day which has normally happened in the past. He had to remeasure my husband, and we were hanging around about to leave for dinner on the formal night for it to be delivered (he was over an hour late!). My husband was wondering what he was going to wear! We ended up being late for dinner but never mind we got our pictures after dinner!
All sorted in the end, but a bit of hassle at the time.
This may have just been teething problems, but my advice is to chase it up straight away with your stateroom attendant when you board to make sure the tailor has received your order.

Have a wonderful cruise
Tracy

Closed Thread

Tags
contact, cruise, cruiseline, cruiselineformal, formal, longer, order, rental, review, reviews, ship, tux