Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2006, 03:27 PM

We're going to book the cruise Friday and I was wondering if it is possible to specify the exact room number you want?

We will be on the Freedom of the Seas and I was thinking about a balcony room on the 8th floor, kind of close to the elevator. Would that be a good choice? We're not really worried about seasickness. Does anyone have an opinion on room location and do we get to choose the one?

Thanks
Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-01-2006, 06:19 PM

Hello there that is an awsome location in March my boyfriend and I cruised on Navigator. We were on the 8th floor on the right side of the ship and only like 3 doors down from the elevators. We never heard any traffic outside our room at all. If you go for the back of the ship this would put you on the "hump" of the ship. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM

You can request any location you want. Your travel agent should be able to help you decide what cabin you want.
The "hump" or "bump out" is mid-ship. This is where the ship cantalevers out because of the elevators. It's a great location. You can look down the entire side of the ship because you are cantalevered out a few feet. Here is a picture taken from our balcony in cabin 8314 when we were on the Explorer. You can see how far out we are. PICTURE FROM OUR BALCONY
Old 08-02-2006, 06:31 AM

we have cabin 8340 on freedom . and the ta said its a panoramic view balcony. is that like your view sonnyv? if so thanks for that picture of you balcony cuz i have been dyin to see what it looks like exactly
Old 08-02-2006, 09:15 AM

Cabin 8340 is an E-2 catagory near the elevator. It will have a larger bacony then other Voyager class ships. You will also be cantalevered out even further then the cabin in my picture because you are closer to the center. You couldn't ask for a better location. I tried to get the bump out on my 10/15 cruise, but we couldn't get ajointing cabins. We are located on deck 9 just past the bump out.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:47 PM

How cool to see this post! My wife and I are booked on a Freedom cruise next year and our TA reserved for us balcony cabin #8336 on the hump. This is our first cruise and we are a little apprehensive about the unusual location on the hump and any noise due to being near the elevators until we read this thread! We had planned on asking for advice about this exact topic but now feel fortunate about our cabin choice and would welcome any other comments about that location!
Old 08-02-2006, 06:03 PM

SonnyV,
Thank you for your help. What beautiful pictures you have of your cruise! Thank you for sharing!

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 08-02-2006, 06:20 PM

Juneseas,
Welcome to Cruise-chat. Congrats on booking your first cruise! Your cabin location is awesome. My wife and I have been on 30+ cruises and we prefer the hump and the aft of the ship. You don't have any ship to compare the Freedom to, which is too bad, because it's the most awesome ship on the 7 seas.
Old 08-03-2006, 07:36 AM

thanks sonnyv. lol i wanna be just like you when i grow up (30+ cruises)!im am so excited aout this trip. it will be my 9th cruise. and ill be 18. i no longer will have to sneak into the clubs any more. i can just walk straight in right in front of the security guard. thats the part that im excited about. but the thought of getting caught was fun all these years. anywho.......freedom of the seas wow!!

Closed Thread

Tags
8340, back, balcony, cabin, carnival, cruise, explorer, floor, freedom, hump, liberty, location, review, room, seas, ship, staterooms