Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 AM

Simple rule of thumb, ANYTHING that plugs in to a wall outlet has the potential of being a fire hazard. It only takes one careless person to affect an entire cruise ship. Consider the Liberty having over 3600 passengers on any given voyage, it is just too risky for that many people. Someone is bound to forget to turn off an iron or (insert appliance).
Old 08-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Irons - Bad.
Hand-held steamers - Good
Old 08-21-2007, 10:12 PM

"and a big bag of change for gambling." DANG!!! That bag must have been heavy!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Island Breeze:
We bring our iron onboard all the time and have had no problems so far... Our most recent cruise was the first time that we had a bag that was confiscated and all that it held was our ten year olds clothing and a big bag of change for gambling.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Banned

I concur: leave the irons at home, but bring the driver, fairway woods, and putter. And for Arnie's sake, don't plug them in!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:31 PM

Some ships have laundry facilities where they have irons and ironing boards for passengers to use. I have used them several times in the past on Carnival ships. I agree no irons should be used in cabins. I always take the spray wrinkle release and it works fine.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Please don't bring your iron on my ship....Fire at sea is not the way I want to go to the Big Ship in the Sky.....Steam or Wriknle Spray works just great and I don't care if your clothes are wrinkled anyway....Be Safe...Have a happy cruise...

Bob E
Old 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Opppps I spelled Wrinkle wrong....

Happy Sailing
Old 08-23-2007, 10:47 AM

Nobody wants a fire on a ship. Just because an iron is brought doesn't mean someone will leave it on. Steamers can get hot too along with curling irons, straightners etc. I would hope all passengers would be careful with any of the items. I am an extremely careful person so I won't be the one who starts the fire. I also get concerned about people who smoke in their rooms. I didn't think that was allowed but I guess it is. I just hope that after a night of boozing it up that they don't fall asleep with a cigaretteand they remember to put it completely out. I have been dating a fireman & he has never had a case of a fire started from an iron. Thanks for those who had alternative solutions since not all iron owners are careless.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Thank You Valeries220 !
Old 08-23-2007, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Valeries220:
Nobody wants a fire on a ship. Just because an iron is brought doesn't mean someone will leave it on. Steamers can get hot too along with curling irons, straightners etc. I would hope all passengers would be careful with any of the items. I am an extremely careful person so I won't be the one who starts the fire. I also get concerned about people who smoke in their rooms. I didn't think that was allowed but I guess it is. I just hope that after a night of boozing it up that they don't fall asleep with a cigaretteand they remember to put it completely out. I have been dating a fireman & he has never had a case of a fire started from an iron. Thanks for those who had alternative solutions since not all iron owners are careless.
I don't think the real issue is who, or who is not, careless. RCI has the right to promulgate rules of conduct on its ships - as long as they don't run afoul of discrimination (or other)laws.

One of the rules they have enacted is the one prohibiting irons on board.

Some people elect to ignore the rule - just as others elect to ignore the rule about bringing liquor on board, or smoking in no smoking areas.

It really is about ethics. When someone purchases a ticket from RCI, they agree to comply with the terms and conditions set forth in the cruise contract. They then have the option of honoring that contract or violating it. They either live up to their end of the bargain...or they don't.

While I personaly think the "Contract" is a little one sided, everyone has the option of not buying a ticket.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
breeze, cruise, irons, ship