Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2006, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Hi Lori,

We'll sure have to meet up on the cruise! Yeah, how about those prices? Sheesh! We usually go for a balcony cabin or mini-suite. Had to settle for a standard outside this time, and that was painful on the pocket book.

We've been to these particular ports so many times that the excursions don't do much for us anymore, so I doubt we'll book any. Perhaps some snorkeling.

BTW - I like your avatar.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:54 PM

Hi Dave. Yeah, I thought the avatar was cool. I used to be an Air Force medic, during the last 2 years I was in the air force, 6 years total. Now I am an RN. Well, I am looking forward to chating with you. We must be sure to arrange a meeting place. Till then, I'll be working lots of overtime to pay for the cruise. Talk with ya later, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-15-2006, 10:36 PM

For the amount of money you are paying for this cruise, I hope you come home with lots of special gifts.

I would expect nightly gifts in the stateroom..Champagne, jackets, jewelry etc. Seeing that a inside room is double of that in September OUCH.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 01-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Snorkel Mich,

I am expecting some inaugural gift of some sort. I will be disappointed if it is a cheap souvenir. As you note, this cruise is not cheap. I am paying more for a standard outside cabin than I would for a suite on another cruise ship.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Lil' Lori,

4 years Marine Corps, and then 6 years of Admiral Rickover's Navy for me. And, I am working lots of overtime right now and more to come in March for about a month straight with no off-days!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Dave, it looks like I'll be seeing Freedom of the Seas before you... although only from the outside. She's doing a couple of one-night travel agent cruises out of Boston starting May 19. So, I won't be boarding, but you can bet that I'll be looking out of my window more frequently than usual.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Administrator

I had hoped to be the first passenger to use my cabin, and now that dream is crushed! Oh well. It will probably be used by the crew on the trans-Atlantic run anyway, just to see if any last minute problems are present while at sea.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Administrator

I don't know how these industry cruises work, but maybe you'll be the first paying passenger. In any case, you're still on the first weeklong cruise.

Then again, I wonder if they can really fill every cabin on these quick one-nighters.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave56:
I had hoped to be the first passenger to use my cabin, and now that dream is crushed! Oh well. It will probably be used by the crew on the trans-Atlantic run anyway, just to see if any last minute problems are present while at sea.
Dave, I didn't want to say anything before, but it looks like you're already crushed, so...

I'm due to sail the Freedom on two different events, a two-night sailing from Boston in mid-May, and then another two-nighter from Bayonne right after that. Sorry! (Not really!)
Old 01-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Great! Just Great! The ship will be in shambles by the time all the agents get through with it! Now I know why the fares are so high for the "inaugural" (Ha!) cruise. We are paying the freight for all the freeloaders in May!

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, caribbean, cruise, cruises, date, director, freedom, inaugeral, inaugural, inauguration, innagural, royal, sailing, sale, seas