Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 02:08 PM

Before I left there were a lot of questions about sneaking alcohol aboard...Well my wife, brother in law, and I were succesful doing so...We bought a bottle of vodka and two bottles of rum in Miami before we boarded and put them in freezer baggies (tripled bagged) and stuck them in our suitcases and they were delivered safe and sound to our room with no issues....
Old 10-03-2006, 04:07 PM

Heres a hint that works for me I get small water bottles that fit in my shoes and put my booze in the bottles and then in the shoes. The shoes hide the bottles from the scanners and protects the bottles from breaking at the same time. But you must hide the bottles when they are in your rooms the room stewards are suppose to report any booze that is in the rooms since to new alcohol policy on RCCL. we just hide it in the one of the drawers.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-03-2006, 04:37 PM

Well we had big freezer ziplock bags and had no problem, I am guessing that will fit more than bottles in your shoes...but who knows...yeah we just threw ours in the fridge in our cabin!
Old 10-03-2006, 07:22 PM

Hey if it worked it worked thats what counts. i would just be scared of them busting because those guys that handle them are not the gentlest guys. Heu but it gives us ideas on how to sneek. (c:

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 AM

yeah that is what I worried about the most was the baggies breaking open, but that is why we tripled bagged them and wrapped them in a robe and made sure they were in the middle of the suitcase!
Old 10-04-2006, 04:46 PM

That was good thinking S&C I'll have to try it in Nov. We are going back on the Soverign and When we return we are booked to go on the Radiance the same day we return. Should be an adventure.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-08-2006, 07:02 AM

Too much anxiety over a non-issue.

I pack a couple of litres in my checked suitcase wrapped in t-shirts I am taking anyway. I have never had a bottle break. Check my bag at the pier and it has always arrived just fine in my cabin. On our last cruise (Aug. 2006) we stopped at the liquor store and grocery on the way from the airport to the pier. (New TSA rules) We purchased liquor and water and soft drinks. Checked the water and soft drinks with our bags at the pier and all arrived in our cabin intact. Saves $$$ on water and didn't have to buy the soft drink card. Put a couple bottles in my shoulder bag and passed through security and on to the ship.
I have a wine box that was made to handle airline travel. It holds 12 bottles that we take from our home cellar. Most cruise lines allow wine and will charge you (or not) a corkage fee if you take them to dinner in the dining room. Allows us to enjoy fine wine at a much lower actual cost.

No need to fill mouthwash / water bottles.

I always leave my liquor bottles on the counter in the cabin and order glassware from room service. Have never had a problem....not once.

Regal Princess 1996
Sun Princess 1998
Grand Princess 2000
Ocean Princess 2001
Golden Princess 2004
Caribbeean Princess 2004
Caribbean Princess 2006

S.S. Norway 2002

M.S. Veendam 2003

Celebrity Zenith 2005
Celebrity Zenith 2006

RCCL Soverign 2001
RCCL Monarch 2002
RCCL Majesty 2002
RCCL Majesty 2004
RCCL Empress 2005

Carnival Ecstasy 10/99
Carnival Ecstasy 01//01
Carnival Fascination 07/01
Carnival Imagination 04/02
Carnival Imagination 01/03
Carnival Imagination 01/03 again
Carnival Fascination 03/03
Carnival Victory 05/03
Carnival Fascination 12/03
Carnival Fascination 07/04
Carnival Imagination 02/05
Old 10-08-2006, 04:35 PM

can you buy alchol on board for consumption in your room? and if so is it very expensive for say a 1.75 ltr btl of vodka?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:35 PM

Funship,

I have been getting the impression that due to some of the problems on RCI with the disappearance of some passengers while onboard, the carry on alcohol restrictions have become highly enforced. I have even heard that they scan the suitcases for the the shape of the bottle, and confiscate it that way. This is why everyone is trying to be "creative".

Susan
Old 10-09-2006, 05:23 AM

Android, you can't buy bottles onboard for use during the cruise. If you buy liquor in the ship's store, they deliver the bottles to you on the last evening of the cruise.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, breaking, buying, carnival, cost, cruise, delivered, drink, ecstasy, fascination, liquor, policy, ships, sneaking, soft