Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 10:36 AM

Hi all! We have booked a cruise on the Mariner of the Seas on 30 Oct 2005. First time for us- me, my wife, 15 yr old daughter, and 6 and 4 yr old boys. We have a Family Ocean View right on the bow- looks cool to me. No balcony, but I imagine the wind would be tough right up front.

Question- we did not book air through RCL. We will be flying into Orlando the day before, Sat the 29th. What are suggestions for getting to Port Canaveral?

Also, trip insurance...I plan to get some. I have seen quotes ranging from $95 to over $300...I hate it when there is such a huge spread. Any suggestions for affordable, adequate travel insurance?

We are looking forward to this trip! The boys can't wait to get on the ship. They keep asking when we are going to go on the cruise- they don't quite understand it isn't until late October. They think we are going tomorrow...
Old 06-28-2005, 02:06 PM

Hiya
Welcome to Cruise Chat.com
Can I first say your going to love the Mariner, it's an awsome ship.
We did the same thing last year, flew into Orlando a few days before sailing. I searched around the net and found a few good quote for transport and got one for $90 one way, SUV type of thing. Most of the other quotes were around this price too.
Sorry I can rememeber the name of the company I used, but it give you a ball park figure to start with.
If your wanting to be really sad like me check this website, it's a webcam showing the ship every Sunday leaving the port. http://www.portcanaveral.org/multimedia/webcam.htm
It will give the scale of thing as it sits next to one of the Disney ships too.
Have a good one
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM

There is an article in the cruisereviews site on travel insurance which you should read. Basically, you get what you pay for. I really recommend you read the article and talk with your TA about what to purchase.

Good for you, for deciding to fly into Orlando the day before. As Port Canaveral is quite a distance from Orlando, I'd suggest purchasing the transfers from the cruise line, assuming they are available for you to do that. And stay overnight in a hotel that has a free shuttle to/from the airport; that should simplify matters, as nearly all the transfers to the port will leave from the airport.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:21 PM

Thanks for the cam link. Did not know about that but FUN! It gives us all something to look forward to!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 07-02-2005, 12:45 PM

Robbennett,
Welcome to Cruise-chat! As for getting to Port Canaveral from Orlando, there are a number of different options, in addition to the one suggested by Karen of using the cruise lines transfers. However, it depends on whether you are planning to stay in Orlando for the night or wish to stay in the Port Canaveral area pre-cruise. What are your plans?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
family