Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 02:02 PM

I am happy that you are not going to do the seperate rooms! I would be scared to death for my child to be that far away from me at night! Better to be safe than sorry!

Linda

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 10-20-2006, 04:56 PM

You are welcome bopper but as I always say we all have to look out for eachother in this world. Happy cruising

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-20-2006, 05:14 PM

I thought cruise lines required at least one adult in each room?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:24 PM

Not if accompanied with parents but whats really scary is the number of people who do it leave their kids in a room by themselves and not always across the hall sometimes in another area of the ship. I would let a 15-16 year old do that but then again thats just me.

St. Martin Hotel Reviews
Old 10-30-2006, 05:29 PM

my son and step son will be 18 and 20. They are across the hall and that might be too close!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:55 PM
I do agree that I would be concerned for their safety. Kids will be kids. You could be sound asleep and not know that your kids are wondering around the ship late at night. Sharing a cabin for 4 can be tight especially with just one bathroom for getting ready. You can still get an inside cabin. You and your husband could take turns sleeping in the inside cabin with one child. This gives you the enjoyment of an ocean view or balcony and 2 bathrooms but you have the peace of mind knowing where your children are and that they are safe.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM

Bopper, you made a wise decision. You can leave the door ajoining your room open if you want. The door opens from either room and has no lock. At least ours didn't on the Freedom. Make sure your kids knock before entering. Your cabin steward will unlock the door when you board the ship.

Sonny
Old 12-04-2006, 11:00 PM

We sailed on Mariner of the Seas in early October and put our "kids" across the hall - they are 21 and 24 years old. I wouldn't even consider it with minors - we couldn't hear them at all or even know when or if they were in their cabin or not. Of course, that was fine since they are adults. If anyone does do that with older offspring - you can get a keyed card for them so they can access your room with the balcony which works great. But I wouldn't even consider it with kids the ages you have.

Closed Thread

Tags
adjoining, adults, baby, book, cabin, caribbean, cruise, cruising, interior, kids, navigator, people, room, rooms, royal, seas