Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2005, 06:17 PM

Sorry, I did not realize that I had not put the departure port (Miami). Can anyone suggest a near by hotel for the night before and about parking your car for the time you are on the cruise.
MSC - Lirica 2008

Old 05-31-2005, 06:34 PM

Hi, this is Lori again. I forgot that last june was when we took the Explorer out of Miami, for the western caribbean. HOW could i forget that, DUH!!!!! Anyways, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. It was a few blocks walk to bayside marketplace. I did not think the walk was bad, about 3-4 city blocks if i remember correctly. Also, the taxi fare was in the low $30's, i don't remember the exact fare. When we were walking back to our hotel, I saw the holiday inn, it is the holiday inn "downtown/port of miami" location. I said to my husband, that is where we are staying next time. I think it was the closest hotel to the actual port, i might be wrong though. I might be sold out, I am sure it is very popular. Anyways, if you want to walk around to the bayside marketplace, the hyatt or i am sure anyother hotel in the downtown area would be fine. I don't know where to park, we flew in from Phoenix. Good luck!! Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 AM

Countrymoon,
I know the Summerfield Suites Wyndham offers a cruise package that includes a shuttle service to the port and up to 10 days of free parking. I believe a 1 bedroom suite will cost about $130.
Hope this helps -
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-09-2005, 03:29 AM

Countrymoon,
I re-read your post and if you want to park your car directly at the Port of Miami, parking is available. Then, you might want to consider the Holiday Inn Bayside. Very reasonable, directly across the street from Bayside and one of the closest hotels to the port.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 06-09-2005, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Lori:
Hi, this is Lori again. I forgot that last june was when we took the Explorer out of Miami, for the western caribbean. HOW could i forget that, DUH!!!!! Anyways, we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Downtown. It was a few blocks walk to bayside marketplace. I did not think the walk was bad, about 3-4 city blocks if i remember correctly. Also, the taxi fare was in the low $30's, i don't remember the exact fare. When we were walking back to our hotel, I saw the holiday inn, it is the holiday inn "downtown/port of miami" location. I said to my husband, that is where we are staying next time. I think it was the closest hotel to the actual port, i might be wrong though. I might be sold out, I am sure it is very popular. Anyways, if you want to walk around to the bayside marketplace, the hyatt or i am sure anyother hotel in the downtown area would be fine. I don't know where to park, we flew in from Phoenix. Good luck!! Lil' Lori
Old 06-09-2005, 07:56 PM

Hi

I just booked a room at the Holiday Inn, Port of Miami and was told it's real close to the ship terminal...5 min cab ride. Glad to hear your comment I guess I made the right choice.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Thanks Everyone,
I will have my daughter check into this.
MSC - Lirica 2008

Closed Thread

Tags
bayside, caribbean, marketplace, miami, park, port, royal, walk, walking, wrong