Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2008, 06:55 AM

Hi Guys, I'm back to the Rccl side of the board after sometime away with the Hal side.
Last year I took my family on the LOS, I did not cut any corners & went for the big bucks.
Booked 1st class air/2 bedroom apt at the Doubletree Grand Hotel in FLA & The Presidential suite
on board the Liberty.Lets just say I was not happy with the service & the way I was treated
by some people who worked in the purser's office.This was cruise # 12 with Rccl 2 w/Disney
3 w/Ncl.......After not hearing from Rccl for 6 months I canceled my next cruise with Rccl
& booked with Hal..........Well guess what, My letter to Rccl got misplaced & 1 week b4 my cruise with Hal a rep from Rccl called & he could not have been any nicer & made me an offer I could not refuse..........I'm booked on SOS Feb 14th 2009.
People have always said that Hal was higher up the cruise ladder......NOT
Don't get me wrong Hal is 1st rate but IMHO not that much better than Rccl.
Hal knows how to do many things right & Rccl could learn from them.But I think Rccl could teach Hal a few things.Here's a few things that jumped right out at me.
FOOD....about the same Rccl will offer more at dinner...Hal did not
CABINS.....Both very nice, with great beds
SERVICE.....both good...Hal has the best room service
Passengers.....Rccl better mix.....Hal....very quite at night

If you have any ?s about Hal or the Zuiderdam please ask.

I know I'll have ?s about SOS as the time gets closer.

HAVE FUN
Old 03-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Welcome back papae!

I recall the problems you had on the Liberty - I think you mentioned them while we had drinks at Bolero's one night. I have to agree with you that the guest relations desk is not a strong point with RCI - at least on the Freedom and Liberty. I've also had less-than-stellar experiences there. I wonder if the issue is their being understaffed? Anyway, I am happy to hear they finally addressed your complaints and you've kissed and made up.

Weren't you also hosed by the beer delivery deal that we first heard about in this forum, but got cancelled before the cruise?
Old 03-25-2008, 07:25 AM

Hosed that word fits just right!
But I got past that right away when Rccl
sold me what I needed(At full bar price)what
are you going to do?
Thats one thing Hal's got going for them, They
will let you bring on board wine & champagne all you want....no need to hide it + any adult
beverages can be del to your cabin from ship services....AT A FAIR PRICE....
But I did miss the night life...At times I felt like I was in a rest home ....A lot of walkers & wheelchairs in the halls....lights out at 9:30 ....I'll will say the crew are some of the best & hardest working I've ever met.
Well it was fun (I always have fun)But it's back to RCCL for me.
Dave, Hope we run into each other on board some rccl ship in the future....You are a gentleman & You know what your talking about.

papae.......p.s.ever been on the sos?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
p.s.ever been on the sos?
No, but I've eaten a lot of it.

Actually I did a cruise on the Majesty Of The Seas years ago. Nice ships. I liked the layout, with all the showrooms stacked on the aft end. Small cabins though.

Thanks for the kind words. I try to be a gentleman always - although sometimes it is a challenge. I hope to run into you on a cruise again sometime.

Closed Thread