Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 08:42 PM

I have often been critical of the cruiselines policies and lack of willingness to hurt thier bottom line when they need to do the right thing for their clients. This time I'd like to give a little well deserved praise. I have a client who booked very early on and now the cruise they booked is well into the penalty period and the price has dropped like a stone! It's gone down $580.00 on a not very expensive cruise.

RCI has been one of very few lines to pretty consistently do something for their clients when this happens. Usually an onboard credit for the difference or occasionally and upgrade to a higher category. This time they went way above and beyond! They refunded the entire difference to my client and did it without any trouble of needing to get upper management involved or anything.

Kudos to RCI for being the cruise line that has decided to lead the industry in actually caring for their clients and not just their wallets and purses. I know they all care onboard the ship and all do a pretty good job on that front. But this is more rare than you may know from a corporate level.

I slam 'em when they do bad things so I've gotta give 'em praise when they do it right!

Happy sailing, Neil
Old 05-17-2007, 08:47 PM

By the way, the refund required a change in promotion and category. They didn't say a word about it not applying because they were booked in another Cat or Promo nor did they bring up the penalties that apply to try and make it sound like they were doing us a favor. They just credited the card and wished me a great day.

Neil
Old 05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
TravelPro-Thank You for the info on RCI's doing the right thing. RCI has long been a favorite cruise line and this is one of the niceties of RCI that ensures passenger loyalty!

BillyBuzzy
Old 05-18-2007, 05:20 AM
Wow that was nice it is always good to hear good things people are always quick to state the bad and forget the good nice to see the other side.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Thats great; just wish that Celebrity and RCI would honor each others cruises in the total for eligilibity perks.

Doing the right thing by customers is always a great PR point.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Hey Peter, they do, but only when you reach a level on either line above the Gold membership level. Occasionally Celeb has a promotion that is inclusive of C&A members regardless of # of past sailings but it's been a long time since I've seen them promote it.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread