Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2008, 11:50 AM

I usually use my Phone to wake up and my wife uses her alarm clock. Yes we get up at different times. I usually get up around 5 am and she sleeps in. I am also the late night owl( go figure) For Some reason when I hit 40 , I only need about 4-5 hours of sleep. I want to bring something on board but not sure what is the best option. I thought just a am-fm clock radio, but wasn't sure about radio reception, thus the reasoning for the ipod. What is everyones feelings on this?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Radio reception is spotty as you assumed. There is a wake-up service with the phone in your room. Hope this helps.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Yes, I heard about the wake-up service. I would rather not rely on that. My wife wouldn't get up til noon and be mad at me for missing breakfast. Trust me its not worth it.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I Also has imsobnia problems I only sleep a few hours during night and have the same problem.
I always bring my cellular phone because it work at sea, only problem is roomming, but you can use it normally if you want to and is cheaper that the cabin phone, you can also use the wake up call

In my last cruise I used an Ipod is a good way to pass time and if you have a balcony cabin like the me it will be a great
During my next cruise I will bring an AM-FM radio I will like to know what kind of music they use to enjoy on those port it will be something new and you will be near islands during nights at sea it will be a good option in order to avoid waking up your wife...
Old 01-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Administrator

I use a small, travel alarm clock. It's only slightly larger than a cell phone, and is battery operated. So long as I remember how to change the time (if we are going into another time zone), it works well.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:56 PM

Like LisaP we use a small travel clock. I also take my IPOD for music.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:54 PM

I just got back from The Navigator...Don't take an electric alarm clock. The first morning of the cruise, I woke up in a panic thinking I missed breakfast. When I went down to the Windjammer expecting to walk in on them putting breakfast away, I happened to look at my watch and realized that my clock had picked up 1 1/2 hours during the night! It kept doing that for the whole cruise making it pretty much worthless. (But, at least I didn't mess breakfast!)

Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM

Typo..."MISS" breakfast...

Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
well here is a posible explanation to your trouble with the alarm clock...

There is a alarm clock, pretty standar actually, that can just update it's time depending on your time zone location,
When you take it out of the box it just start with the exact time you need depending on your time zone.
Maybe since you are traveling on a cruise and changing time zones during uyour trip, is posible that the clock change it to adapt to your new location given you 1 and a half hour more than the time on the ship,
That's why they keep telling you to sincronize your watch with the ship time in order to avoid problems and they left you on the island...
Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 PM

I can see why it would adjust to local times, if it is an atomic clock. I can not see how it would adjust 1/2 hour. Aren't time zones full hours?

Closed Thread

Tags
alarm, amfm, battery, caribbean, carnival, clock, cruise, radio, radioalarmcdipod, radsio, reception, royal, ship, ships, traveller