Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2008, 09:35 AM

My fiance and I want to have our honeymoon on the Liberty of the Seas in May 2009.
We want a good balcony location. How far in advance should we book?

*First time cruiser for both of us*
Thanks all!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat

Congratulations! This is a very special occasion and I would book this now. Booking early will give you better selection of cabins and early booking discounts. If price drops you can get it adjusted. Book your honeymoon now so you can concentrate on other aspects of your wedding.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:50 AM

Hi Steve, welcome to cruise-chat! This is a second opinion and in total agreement whith the above advice. The earlier the better on popular ships will serve you well. There is no more popular ship right now in the industry than Libery of the Seas.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding! I wish you a lifetime of happiness.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Administrator

I'll third it. Book early. And you can't go wrong with a cruise on the Freedom or Liberty Of The Seas. Reserve a table at Chops for a special honeymoon dinner at sea.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 AM

Thanks for your advice, everyone. I'll take your advice and we'll book in the next couple weeks!

Now for my next question, what is the best balcony location (or room number if you know one)? I'm sure there is a "it depends". If so, what would it depend on?

**Front/middle/back of ship?
**Deck number? Lower, midlevel, or higher the deck the better?

Thanks again!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 AM

Steve, I don't know that there's a bad balcony on the ship. I like the aft balconies, most people request mid-ship. One of the regulars here has a forward balcony he likes best, almost at the very front of the ship. He says he doesn't like smokers in cabins forward of him so this selection eliminates that posibility. I don't know that there is a best choice, just personal preference. The higher you are on the ship the closer you are to the Lodo, pools, fitness center, etc. Some prefer this because they don't have to wait for elevators, just grab the stair up a deck or two and you're there. The higher deck cabins often cost a little more so it's still a decision between price and convenience. Whatever you decide, you'll love your balcony and this ship.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree-any balcony cabin will be great, and you'll both have plenty of room to move around. DO NOT over pack!! There is a cleaning and laundry service on board that is not very expensive and does a great job.
We booked Liberty for next year in September, and got a 10th deck, rear cabin #1400. As said before, the higher the deck placement, usually the more the cabin may cost. Something new for us, as we usually book mid ship; when you're close to the middle of the ship, IF there are rough seas, and you may have a problem with being sea sick, middle of the ship is the way to go. Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise?
Either way, congratulations on your wedding, and, after you're cruise, we all can guarentee, you'll be hooked like the rest of us.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:56 AM

Book now--it gives you extra time to get this paid for!

We like to go west. More time in the ports of call, and more active shore tours. But since your wedding date is set you will be going whatever direction the LOS is on in the rotation. You will have a wonderful time!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-01-2008, 09:05 AM

Thanks everyone-
Yes we will be going to the western side of the caribbean. Both of us are really looking forward to this cruise!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:19 AM
The earlier you can book a cruise-the better the price and the cabin choice. The newest ships book up early and latecomers pay premium prices.

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, ahead, book, caribbean, cruise, cruises, dec, early, eastern, long, post, price, rccl, royal, sale