Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
(1) What if a person doesn't show up for the muster drill how will anyone know? (2)if a person wanted to skip it could they get away with it? Not that I intend to do this but just wondering what kind of system was in place.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 AM

Spritfilled,

on most cruise ships crew will check whether all passengers attend the drill (and are at the correct muster station) e.g. by using lists and comparing those with the cabin numbers written on everybody's lifevest.

It does happen that people succeed in skipping the muster drill. It is beyond me that some people are not willing to spend a maximum of 30 minutes of their vacation time for attending a drill that could safe their lives in a real emergency.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 AM

All the cabins and public places are checked. It isn't really that bad, dealing with crowds on the steps is a pain but it is a nice sign that the trip is on its way.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I have two words for anyone who even thinks about trying to skip the muster drill: Star Princess.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 AM

Excellent example, f-mattox!

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 AM

Yes, they will know. Don't even think about missing the muster drill. It is mandatory! Even if you're in a wheelchair, they have a place for you to go. It's not a ship's policy that they have the muster drill, it's the law.

Sonny
Old 02-08-2007, 06:35 AM

question: my daughter age 12 had major leg surgery in november...she cannot handle walking up and down all those steps for the muster...is there anything i can do to avoid her having to do it. it is our 4th cruise, and we have never missed a muster before. thanks guys!

Caribbean Resorts & Hotels
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jmurphy:
question: my daughter age 12 had major leg surgery in november...she cannot handle walking up and down all those steps for the muster...is there anything i can do to avoid her having to do it. it is our 4th cruise, and we have never missed a muster before. thanks guys!
I'm going to make a reasonable guess here. They have their employees stationed everywhere, and especially to keep people out of the elevators. If you were to walk up to one of them, I'll bet they would provide the same assistance they do to wheelchair bound passengers.

I think they should post the name and cabin numbers of the people who miss muster. (some may not have arrived yet) Part of the reason it takes so long is people aren't released until everyone at that station is accounted for. Ok, maybe only post the names of the people who wander to their station 30 minutes after the muster is annnounced. We were on a hot deck in Miami, with that noose around your neck for 40 minutes. Neccesary I know, but hard to take when you know your time is being extended because someone is still enjoying a cool drink in their cabin.

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 02-08-2007, 07:43 AM

There will be someone stationed at the nearest elevator to your stateroom. Let them know your situation and you should be led to a lounge area near you. If you really need the elevator they will accommodate you. I went through that when my wife had back surgery.

Sonny

Closed Thread