Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:09 PM

I agree, I didn't open that thread, I guess we go that first night, if we like her/him, request again. Their position in the dining room, could be a deciding factor, ie near the window, on the balcony, etc. Sonny I looking forward to your posting, and any suggestions you may have.
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010
Old 05-11-2009, 12:30 PM

I'm not sure how they do the Anytime on RCI, but on Princess, you can request the same table each evening and they don't rotate the staff. On NCL, they rotate the staff, so you could get the same table with a different wait staff or you can request the same wait staff and get a different table.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:44 PM

So, help me straighten things out in my head... according to the RC web site, if we want to do the MTD, we have to "select" it ahead of time (or at least sign up for it at some point). This isn't something we can just choose to do on a daily basis based on our current schedule of activities? We can't just show up for a table anytime if we choose? What if we want to do MTD one night, but the next just do the traditional? Here's the quote from the new info on RC web site...

With My Time Dining you can experience the fine quality, ambiance and service offered in our main dining room while enjoying flexibility in your dining options. By selecting My Time Dining, you can choose to dine in our main dining room between the hours of 6:00 9:30 pm. Then once onboard your ship, you will have the convenience and flexibility to select the perfect dining time for each day of your cruise vacation.

Prepaid gratuities are required when you select My Time Dining. I didn't realize this either..
Find Ships that Feature this Option
Update My Reservation to Select this OptionI dont want to change my reservation to select it, because we've already specified the early seating (which we intend to use sometimes). Can I still do MTD?

???????????

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-12-2009, 04:17 PM
Administrator

No, you cannot use MTD as a whim for one or two nights while being assigned to an assigned seating. It is essentially three seating choices now...main, second, and MTD. Pick one and you have to stick to it as far as eating dinner in the dining room.

Several reasons for this....they have to know a maximum loading so enough tables can be reserved. Hard to do that if people show up that they weren't expecting. Another is the tips. If people with assigned seating showed up for MTD, what about the gratuities for the servers? Are they supposed to go run and check to see if you happen to have pre-paid gratuities set up? No.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM

Although they probably wouldn't refuse to seat you, that's not what MTD is meant for. On Princess, they do look at your shipboard card before seating you, which shows you have opted for Personal Choice. This is just my opinion, but I believe that is why they have started the service charges on your account/prepaid tips. This way, they have a better chance of receiving the tips for the staff, since so many people skipped out on tip night. I know in the US, we are so accustomed to tipping, that it doesn't seem right if we don't. However, if they would just raise the cruise fare to cover paying the staff a decent wage and forget about the service charges, it might be a better deal for the staff. I guess there's pros and cons to both methods. Anyway, back to the original question. MTD is an option that you need to select before beginning your cruise. If you need to miss a meal during the early seating, please notify your tablemates and your waitstaff in advance, so they will not be looking for you. On those evenings, either do a specialty restaurant (if available on your ship) or the buffet, or room service. MTD was not designed for whims.

Closed Thread

Tags
anytime, cruise, dining, enchantment, fixed, free, freestyle, gratuities, miss, pf, prepaid, princess, raiance, seas, seated, style, time, vs