Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2006, 11:47 AM

My husband along with 2 other couples just returned from a 5 day sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas where we spent 2 days at sea, one day in Ocho Rios and a day in the Grand Caymens. I did a lot of research before we left and over 90% of it came from this website. I can't thank everyone enough for answering all of my questions and helping me get prepared. My trip was flawless. From the minute we got off the plane until we were dropped back off at the airport I had zero complaints. RC really knows how to treat you! We were amazed at how clean the ship was and how great our service was! Some things I learned:
1. Complete your boarding online before you go and you will save lots of time.
2. Put together envelopes before you arrive with all your tip money. One for each person with a little extra. When it comes time to do your tipping you don't have to worry about charging your seapass or having to wait at Guest Relations for change.
3. Get only one soda pass per couple. You don't need to spend the money for 2(which could be close to 70.00) Thank you for the heads up!
4. Don't overpack!!!!!!!! We did a great job of being practical with what we were going to wear.
5. If you go to Ocho Rios you HAVE to use Trevor Hudlin Tours. He was beyond wonderful. Also do the river tubing you will have a great time. Not so sure at first but it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. If you go tubing ask for Rambo as your tour guide. He's nice, strong and not so bad to look at.
6. If you go to the Caymen's I'd also recommend using Captain Marvins. I heard about them through this site and was very impressed!
7. Don't be afraid to do excursions seperate from the cruise line. The people that run them are professionals and are NOT going to let you miss your ship. You'll have a better time and you'll save money.
8. We had an inside cabin on the bottom level and it worked out great. We had darkness when we slept and besides your not in your room that long so don't pay more than you have to.
9. Bring a clip along so you can clip your seapass to yourself so you don't lose it.
10. Relax and have fun!!!

Again thank you cruisereview we could not have had a better time!
Molly and friends.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:58 AM

Glad to hear your cruise went well. Hope you'll book another one soon and enjoy it even more!!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:37 PM

Welcome back to reality. I'm happy to hear you had a wonderful time on your cruise. Did you happen to book another cruise while on the Enchantment and take advantage of the $100 on board credit? I was on a 7 night New England cruise on the Enchantment last August. I thought the ship was exceptional.

Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 PM

No we did not book another one. We thought about booking for the Freedom, but we have a 1 year old and we want another child. I'm kind of afraid to book anything until we know more of what the future brings! I did check into the kids program on board the ship and I was extrememly impressed with the options they have available.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:06 PM

we are going in 2 weeks on the same cruise, and we want to know if the water in the white river is cold (for the tubing)
Old 09-02-2006, 06:58 AM

Glad you had a great time! Enchantment is a wonderful ship.

Celebrity Eclipse March 5, 2011
Serenade of the Seas Oct 23, 2011
Old 09-02-2006, 11:28 AM

great review glad you had a nice time.we are going on her sept.16th very excited. Do you happen to know the web sites where we can book an excursion they these guys. thanks for your help.These boards are wonderful.What did People do before the internet
Old 09-02-2006, 03:56 PM

coso,
I did the river tubing in Ocho last November and the water was not extra warm, but comfortable (I tend to be a "freeze bunny" in the water and it was a tad chilly when I first stepped in, but warmed quickly and did fine in a bathing suit).

cruiser4fun,
For Trevor Hudlin in Ocho, here is a link to his website: http://trevorhudlintours.com/

For Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman, follow this link: http://www.captainmarvins.com
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-02-2006, 04:00 PM

Thanks NancyN for your quick reply.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
coso,
I did the river tubing in Ocho last November and the water was not extra warm, but comfortable (I tend to be a "freeze bunny" in the water and it was a tad chilly when I first stepped in, but warmed quickly and did fine in a bathing suit).

cruiser4fun,
For Trevor Hudlin in Ocho, here is a link to his website: http://trevorhudlintours.com/

For Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman, follow this link: http://www.captainmarvins.com
Nancy
Thanks NancyN, did you go the falls?, is the water the same temperature in the river or warmer

Closed Thread