Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 12:49 PM

But, the best thing is, you will be cruising! I agree that it not good PR to take anything away from loyal cruisers. If anything, they should be given more. A good business model is to encourage repeat business. I do hope corporate takes a good look at their decisions. The rest of their employees are doing their best to promote good will towards loyal customers.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:37 PM

ugh. Just took a gander at the commercial. Looking at it strictly as someone who holds a college degree in marketing and has worked in marketing --and not as a repeat customer I am just not seeing anything that makes me excited to give it a whirl. This can't be the same company who came up with the catchy here comes johnney theme with the great montage of all the shore adventures flashing by. Nothing I appreciate more than a great ad--still get jazzed just thinking about the superbowl ad featuring the "cat herders"--it's in the blood--but this doesn't get the blood moving at all.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 PM

My daughter is in advertising too. She's always saying she wonders how some of the agencies can actually sell there ads. Did you ever wonder why they push the rock climbing wall? How many of you actually look forward to doing that?

Sonny
Old 11-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Did you ever wonder why they push the rock climbing wall? How many of you actually look forward to doing that?
That has baffled me too. I've never done it and I have no urge to do so.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 AM

Included with Travel Trade this week was a huge fold out type advertisement. It had a cross word puzzle included. I couldn't figure out the answers so I checked the new "Nation of Why Not?" site it suggested. I figured I'd play along with this for a bit. I think I may have inadvertently applied for Citizenship.

Dwayne
Old 11-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Dwayne-- The Nation of Why Not requires passports - in order to get one you'll need a couple of shots! No need to fear - the vessels of the Nation of Why Not have several facilites on board where shots can be obtained!!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Administrator

So does this mean when passengers stage another protest over a missed port it will be classified as a coup? Does that mean they Captain could order summary executions for the insurgents?

And what about the Passenger Services Act? It would seem RCI no longer needs to stop at a foreign port before returning to the U.S.. After all, as soon as you board the ship you have already entered another country, therefore the PSA requirements are immediately fulfilled at the embarkation port.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Administrator

I just watched the commercial. That's a minute of my life wasted.

I agree -- it's not exciting, and I doubt it will be effective. Will people really want to part with their $ these days to ice skate at the Equator or sunbathe by a glacier? Maybe they should talk about the overall bargain cruising can be, such as the all-inclusive meals. Oh, wait a second...
Old 11-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Administrator

The sunbathing by a glacier is curious. I know Alaska can have days where the temperature is pleasant, but how often is that going to happen - and especially by the glaciers? The high on our recent Alaska cruise was maybe 60 degrees for a couple hours on the last day of the cruise. It was 40's on glacier day.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 AM
The Commercial sure doesn't rate up there with a Budweiser or Nike commercial....I think they were trying too hard....Happy cruising...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
bird, burger, caribbean, commercial, cruise, dwayne, glacier, high, life, miller, not, royal, song, sunbathe