Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 03:16 PM

What is the best time to board ship? Is there a VIP lounge in Port Canaveral?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
I've heard we could board at noon and grab lunch in the windjammer-- but I'm not sure that's true...
Anyone???
Old 09-04-2007, 05:27 PM

We are just back from the Freedom which left out of Miami, we left the hotel on the 12pm shuttle and it took about 20 minutes to get to the port. So we were on board somewhere between 1pm and 1:30pm. The cruise documents say 2pm to board but we have always arrived early and have always been able to board. Now, that may not be true if something goes wrong with customs on the return cruise that has arrived before you go out. This happened on the Carnival Valor which was leaving the same day as the Freedom, as we arrived to the port there were people EVERYWHERE at the Valor dock. LOTS of people waiting for rides to leave and a HUGE line of people waiting to board the ship. There was a problem with customs that held up the disembarkation and thus also the embarkation. So you never know what may happen, but as I said we have always arrived early and always were able to board. I would not arrive really early as they are still cleaning the rooms, etc. Once you get on the WindJammer Cafe is always open and there are usually tours of the Spa, if you are at all thinking of getting a Spa appointment I would go to the Spa on the first day to make your appointment as they fill up fast for Sea days. Hope this helps.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:05 PM

On the Monarch of the Sea out of LA, we were able to board by noon. We had lunch in the Windjammer, and then were able to be in our stateroom after 1:00 PM. I have always boarded by 1:00 on embarkation day in every cruise I have gone on, Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and Royal Caribbean, and have had lunch onboard.

Closed Thread

Tags
2pm, arrival, board, canaveral, caribbean, carniva, carribean, cruise, cuirse, earliest, early, port, rccl, royal, ship, time, whats