Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 10:09 AM

LisaP, since you have used the TSA locks before, perhaps you can tell me HOW they work?

I am "trying" to figure the locks out now. The directions say (if I am reading them right)....to align the "end" of the lock with zeros, then turn the hasp 90 degrees to fit into the slot, and then turn (which is hard) your dial to the combination you want, then lift the hasp to the original position. When I do that and try to lock it, the hasp will not go down???

Any suggestions?

I just mentioned it to one of the guys (lawer)who flys out all the time. He told me he never locks his luggage, but makes sure there is no valuables it it also.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Erika, those twist ties, don't sound so bad afterall, and I DO have nail clippers.

Do they come several in a package, and what area/location can I find them in?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 PM

Brneyes, you have that nightmare about the locker; I remember my senior English instructor saying that some of us would not graduate as WE needed English to graduate...I would wake up in an cold sweat thinking I flunked. The things we have to take therapy for.

Good luck with the lock thing; we just leave them unlocked as well.

Peter1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 PM

brneyes,
I know what you are talking about trying to set your combination on the lock. Turning that thing just a certain amount, but not to far,etc.. can be a royal pain.

As far as cable ties are concerned, I have bought them at a number of places. Places like Home Depot and Lowes Hardware (along with, I think office supply stores and the like) have them. You can get them in different sizes and quantities. You can probably get a pack of 10 or 20 for a couple bucks. If you go to a hardware store, check in the aisle where the electronic supplies and cables are.
Remember, cable ties are plastic strips with a square opening on one end and a tappered other end. The entire length of the strip has little ridges so as you pull the strip through the opening it 'locks' in place and can not be opened. I have foudn that my nail clippers do a fine job of clipping the ties open. I also make sure I pack extra's for the return trip.

Hope this helps.
Erika
Mariner - Western - May 2007
Mariner - Eastern - March 2008
Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Well those twist ties, would probably be alright for flying, but for in my room, just to be on the "safe" side, I would probably bring my locks along.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

hi brneyes. Sorry. I haven't been on all weekend. I read through other's posts and it seems that you got your answer. F.Y.I.... we don't lock our luggage either. I carry my jewelry/valuables on my carry on. If they want to steal my stinky running sneakers, all the more power to them !!!
Old 04-02-2007, 02:42 PM

I think I am going to take my TSA "approved" locks back, since they have been such a "hassel" to work with, and just leave my luggage "unlocked." When I get to my room, I will then lock it with the locks I already have.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Peter 1, and here I thought I was "all by myself" in having DREAMS of not able to open my combination lock. It is good to know NOW that I was NOT the only one going through that. Believe you me, after those dreams, I'm glad I am OUT of school. Yippee
Old 04-02-2007, 03:00 PM

Thanks Andrea, I think that will solve the problem, but just leaving it unlocked, or just using the twist ties that you get with the trash bags.

Closed Thread

Tags
antique, caribbean, cruise, hasp, line, locked, locks, luggage, norwegian, ok, royal, ties, tsa, twist, work