Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 10:57 AM

Hi just got back from cruising on the Freedom of the seas!! It was wonderful, the ship is beautiful, the service was great, the shows were outstanding, especially the ice show. Played bingo once almost won 5000 oh well better luck next time. The cabin was very clean and well kept I swear they know the moment you step out of your room, you come back and it's spotless again.

We had main seating and everything was great, lobster one night, steak everynight if you wish. The windjammer was good also,anything you can imagine for breakfast and lunch. I loved the cafe and the little sandwiches and pastry that was offered 24/7. My husband didn't go a night without pizza, I think we gained a few pounds oh well, it was vacation.

We went on an excursuion in Mexico, drove a jeep ,went to the ancient Ruins, and then went to a private beach for snorkling and swimming, afterwards we went to a light house and had a mexican lunch home made tacos, they were good a little spicey but good.

The only thing we didn't like was the locales at LABEEDEE, they are so pushy they grab your arm and start pulling you to their stuff, Won't go in there again, We will just go for the beach which eas very beautiful and relaxing, had a few drinks also.

We were on the ship by 1230, no problems at all, also departing went smooth also, we paid extra for the valet service to the airport, which is worth it, then you don't have to stand in long lines at the airport, everything is taken care of for you. Will do this again.

Took lots of pictures and soon as I figure out how to post them I will share them!!

We already booked our next cruise for January 25th 2008 aboard the Explorer of the seas can't wait.

Kim

edited by Dave to correct subject spelling
Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 AM

Hello Glad you liked Freedom. I sailed on her last June. I especially had a awesome time on the Flowrider. Did you try it. I finally was able to stand up, long enough to take a picture. Then it was wipeout, oh, how fun that was. It never hurt, that was half the fun. Isn't the promenade wonderful. I like to move around alot, always walking around. I was never bored. I have been on the Explorer, she also is wonderful. Glad you had a wonderful time. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Welcome back to reality, at least you've booked your next cruise so it's not such a brutal return--you have a great cruise to look forward to. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, I too need to post pictures from our Christmas cruise. This work thing keeps getting in the way Looking forward to your pictures!
Old 01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
what is valet service at the airport and how do we go about getting it?

Old 02-01-2007, 07:22 AM

Hi, it was a service from the ship, the day before departing, you had to fill out this form, how much luggage,what is your final destinantion airport,and the time,it was 10.00 a person, and you recieve your luggage tags for the airport and also your boarding passes, so then when you get off the boat and claim your bags at customs,there is someone telling you to leave your luggage there, then all you do is go to the airport, and then you dont have to stand in those long lines with your luggage to check in, cause you have your boarding passes already, all you have to do is go thru the security check where you have to take off your shoes and stuff, which is easy compared to standing in those long long lines!!! hope I could be of help!!
kimski
Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Thank you we will be sure to use this service

Old 02-02-2007, 03:37 PM

We had the same issue in Labadee with the locals. We had to make sure the kids were right next to us and didnt try to buy anything with out us with them....
Old 02-08-2007, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by S&C_06:
We had the same issue in Labadee with the locals.
Us too. I loved Labadee, but will avoid that area. On our first cruise we severely overpacked, so it amazed me the things people bought there and had to cart home. I'm looking forward to Freedom, in about 440 days

2nd cruise Majesty OTS - 5/11/07

3rd cruise Freedom of the Seas 4/27/08 Western Caribbean - Hump Balcony!!!

Next Navigator of the Seas 4/6/09 First time to Belize
Old 02-08-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil' Lori:
Hello Glad you liked Freedom. I sailed on her last June. I especially had a awesome time on the Flowrider. Did you try it. I finally was able to stand up, long enough to take a picture. Then it was wipeout, oh, how fun that was.
Hey Lil' Lori, I found a sure way to stand up long enough to get a picture on the Flowrider... Look and learn... FLOWRIDER That's me in front.

Sonny
Old 02-08-2007, 09:38 AM

Well, as I type this I am watching the travel channel, and Samantha Brown is doing her "Great Cruise" on the Freedom. Talk about torture. Awesome photos of you all on the Flowrider. If I was thinking, I should of just done that and save me some frustration. Ah, to be Samantha Brown what a life. Lil' Lori

Closed Thread

Tags
1230, airport, cabin, caribbean, freedom, labeedee, lines, long, luggage, photos, pictures, room, seas, stateroom, tags