Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2006, 12:48 AM

Hi,
I'm planning a Baja cruise on the Monarch of the Seas and would like any information about the junior staterooms? Are they worth the extra $$ in terms of space? I keep reading that the regular stateroom bathrooms are "cozy" and being a larger person, am hoping someone can tell me if the bathrooms are better in the junior suites.
Thanks,
outatuune
Old 01-16-2006, 12:48 AM

Hi,
I'm planning a Baja cruise on the Monarch of the Seas and would like any information about the junior staterooms? Are they worth the extra $$ in terms of space? I keep reading that the regular stateroom bathrooms are "cozy" and being a larger person, am hoping someone can tell me if the bathrooms are better in the junior suites.
Thanks,
outatuune
Old 01-16-2006, 06:59 AM

Yes, you will find the bathrooms a bit larger and nicer in the junior suites on the Monarch. For one thing, they have bathtubs as opposed to the small shower stall. A junior suite is 264 sq. ft. (including the 70 sq ft balcony), while the largest oceanview sateroom is only 157 sq ft.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 AM

Hi. We just got off the Monarch Jan 13th. We had a junior suite. We have also had junior suites on the Explorer and the Enchantment. We both thought the Monarch JS were smaller, I don't remember the exact sizes compared to the 2 other JS we have had, it seemed smaller, and we had just recently gotten off the Enchantment. My husband and I both thought the bathrooms were a bit small for 2 people to be in at once. I don't know if the exact bathroom size is bigger in a JS, compared to the lower category staterooms. Our stateroom attendent let me see the Grand Suite right next door to us. Their bathroom was noticably larger, of course so was the room and balcony. Hope this helps, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 AM

Lil Lori, can you tell me more about your experience? I am going on her in april
Old 01-17-2006, 10:11 AM

Hi Ewokdude. Well, this was the second time we cruised on her. The Monarch was our very first cruise, in a outside stateroom, back in June 2003. Both times we thought the Monarch was great. It does have a somewhat of a "party boat" reputation, cause it is a quick get away I guess. On both trips, at Ensenada, did I notice it had more of a party boat feel. The younger (college kids), were pretty drunk on the Monarch when we left Ensenada. Most of the younger college girls had "Papas and Beer" bumper stickers plastered on their shirts, usually over their cleavage area. They were pretty rowdy, but tolerable I thought. Enertaining to watch, and remember my crazy, younger days. Anyways, the Monarch is in dry dock now, or going there very soon. I heard they are taking out the Jade sushi bar, and putting in a Johnny Rockets. The first night we were in "The Circuit", it was pretty dead at first, but slowly picked up. They have a band/DJ there. Every night after that, it was more happening. They did not have lobster on the formal night, because it was a 4 day cruise I was told. We thought the service on board was great. I did not hang out in the Boleros lounge. The Scooner bar, was great. By the way, the Midway aircraft carrier, is right next to the Monarch when she docks in San Diego. It is $15 per adult. I thought it was awesome, if you are into that kind of stuff. Anyways, I hope this helps. If you have any specific questions, let me know. I will do my best to answer them. Enjoy the Monarch of the Seas. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
junior, monarch, review, suite