Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2003, 03:49 PM

My husband & I are starting to plan our 3rd cruise. We have chosen the Explorer. We will be taking a 13 year old with us. Has anyone been on this ship with a young teenager? What kind of on board activities do they have? I assume the Adventure Ocean program is for younger children. Or, is this a wrong. Please help!
Old 11-08-2003, 05:27 PM

Heather, the Adventure Ocean program is divided into age-appropriate groups, so your 13-year-old will find a group right for him, with activities he will enjoy. If he prefers to spend most of his time with you, there are lots of family-friendly things to do, both onboard and on shore - too numerous to mention! Check out some of the reviews of Explorer on cruisereviews.com for some ideas. You have chosen a great ship for your family - have a wonderful time!
Old 11-09-2003, 07:24 AM

Heather, Karen is right. Royal Caribbean has a wonderful youth program. Your child would participate in the "Navigators" Adventure Ocean program for 12 to 14 year olds. Activities include adventure sports, karaoke, backstage tours, pool parties, dancing, talent show, scavenger hunt, themed parties, and soooo much more. They have separate facilities for each age group and your child can choose to participate in as much as little as they would like. Enjoy-
Nancy
Old 11-11-2003, 11:44 AM

This is a great ship! I sailed with a friend's 14 year old and she had a blast. Her best friend also came along with us and I don't think they could have had a better time. There is rock climbing, mini golf, and they even have their own disco. They made so many friends and still keep in touch with them via email. You and your 13 year old will have a wonderful time.

Closed Thread

Tags
13, explorer, questions, seas, yr