Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 04:31 PM

On my previous cruise on Princess, there was a poolside grille that included burgers, dogs and pizza. This was nice because you could grab a slice or burger right at the pool rather than enter the buffet area in your bathing suit! I am aware of the Windjammer, Johnny Rockets and Promenade food, but are there any food offerings right on the pool deck?? I have not been able to locate any info about that. This may seem like a stupid detail but the pool grille was one of the best parts of the cruise for my husband!
Old 01-04-2006, 04:31 PM

On my previous cruise on Princess, there was a poolside grille that included burgers, dogs and pizza. This was nice because you could grab a slice or burger right at the pool rather than enter the buffet area in your bathing suit! I am aware of the Windjammer, Johnny Rockets and Promenade food, but are there any food offerings right on the pool deck?? I have not been able to locate any info about that. This may seem like a stupid detail but the pool grille was one of the best parts of the cruise for my husband!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:14 PM

I have been on three RCCL cruise ships and everyone of them had food right by the pool. One afternoon they even had a buffet style lunch pool side. Navigator and Jewel had small glass enclosed sections next to the bar that had pizza, sandwiches and other fast foods. Food is everywhare.

Explorer 02-06
Mariner of the Seas
with the boys
Old 01-05-2006, 05:52 PM

That is good to know since on a cruise review website a passenger complained that there was no place poolside to get food and that you had to go into to Windjammer to get it- maybe this person was referring to a buffet type meal, although I am fairly certain their wording was there is absolutely no food served poolside. Maybe they meant the Solarium area? Not sure which is why I thougth I'd check with other cruisers.
Thanks for your feedback
Old 01-05-2006, 09:18 PM

The solarium does have food. And the windjammer is just a skip that way. We have gone to the Windjammer many times and brought the food right back to our lounge chairs. And its funny once you do it. Then suddenly it seems everyone does it. The BBQ by the pool is cool. But you really have to jump in line quick as the lines are long.
Splendour 4-05
Navigator 10-05
Sovereign 5-06

EXPLORER OF THE SEAS 11-3-06

Since I have had a cigarette.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ROYAL_..._CRUISE_GROUP/
Old 01-09-2006, 06:01 AM

Does the food at windjammer, johnny rockets, promenade cost extra?
Old 01-09-2006, 07:02 AM

There is no cost for food in the Windjammer. There is a $3.95 cover for Johny Rockets, plus an extra charge for milkshakes or malts - but you can order as much food as you want. There is no charge for food in Cafe Promenade, but they do charge for Specialty coffee and Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-09-2006, 03:27 PM

I knew about the cover charge for Johnny Rockets, but it just occurred to me, can you get "take out" there? Because if that is the case, you could send one person to get lunch for 4 and it would only cost $3.95.

Closed Thread

Tags
food, jammer, mariner, wind