Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Hi,
we will do our first cruise in 2 weeks with our little daughter (turning 3 in 2 months).

As I have seen there are so many cruise experienced people here I would like to know:

Any Tipps & Tricks & Do's & Dont's for cruising with a kid?
Does a Babyphone (Alan RPM) work on the ship?

We booked only last week and there is so much to know about cruising.

I would appreciate your input and help also if you have any comments on the Legends of the Seas.

Thanking you
Alex (Europe)
Old 05-03-2009, 12:50 PM

Hi FamilieB, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

You also might want to check out our new Family Cruising forum. It is located here in the General Cruise Chat section.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. I am not familiar with an "Alan RPM". What is it?

Advice when traveling with a toddler depends on the toddler. Some are more independent and "less clingy" than others. Is your daughter potty-trained? The Adventure Ocean programs offered by RCI are quite highly rated and she should find something to like in going to the program.

Something we did when we cruised with our son at that age is giving each other some time alone while the other parent had "kid duty".
Old 05-03-2009, 12:57 PM

Hi Dwayne,

I'll have a look at it right now!

thanks I lot!
Alex
Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 PM

Hi Dave,
yes she is potty-trained during the day. The nights are not working well - yet.

Alan 777 is a radio with PMR and standard channels. Usually it is used for standard communication. In Europe it is sold also as "Babyphone" due to the VOX function. We always used this during our holidays.

Our little one is very open minded and "needs" action the whole day. keeps us busy....

Alex
Old 05-03-2009, 03:29 PM
FamilieB
You should have a wonderful time.
She will love the ice show with it's colors and music, and you can get up and leave if she doesn't.
She only needs to be potty trained enough to go in the pool and go to the adventure ocean programs, so don't worry about the night time.
The explorer had a fisher-price series of seminars just for kids her age, that other parents raved about.
Just beware of the photograpers, they'll take a million pictures of her and you'll want to buy them all!
And watch out for pirates!
Are you doing the leg through the suez?

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 05-04-2009, 09:11 AM

yes we are going through Suez
Old 05-04-2009, 09:56 AM

Hi FamilieB, welcome to Cruise-Chat! Congratulations on your up-coming cruise. I would imagine your little one will be so busy with all the new sites and sounds, that she will be very happy. The waiters will go out of their way to make sure she has something that she likes to eat. But, have her try some new things off of the "big" person's menu. The children's programs are fantastic, if she doesn't mine being without you. There's so much for her to experience on board, she'll probably wear y'all out. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
babyphone, caribbean, cruise, cruising, disney, legend, ots, rccl, royal, taking, tips, workontheship, year