Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

I have cruised before with Carnival. I am booked on a RC this time. I was wondering a few things.

The formal wear, is it like what you wear to the prom, or something to a wedding that your just a regular guest.

when is the earliest that i can get on the ship on day of sail.

What is the aqua park in Bahamas at Cocay. How much is it, and will I have time. My ship ports there at 8-5 and then we leave to nassau.

How much are the scooter rentals, and can i use them to go to the snorkling in bahamas. I used the fairy boats to get to blue lagoon the last time, but On the island I had a hard getting around due to health reasons. Is there a way I can rent a scooter and take it on the island to get around in.

Also, Poolside activites, someone previously said they only last 20 mins. is this an activity on the hour or daily?

When I was on the carnival they had lots of picutres and people taking them. Is this on RC as well?

What type of clothes should I pack. I wasn't prepared the last time. I packed all the wrong clothes. What color of bathing suits.

Sorry about all the questions. The last time, I had no idea and this time, I am taking 5 other friends and I am nervous and want to make sure its the best vacation for all of us.

I just want sound like a pro. and not be upset or stressed.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2007, 01:20 PM

Hi Harvey,
I just returned this past Saturday with my husband and two boys on the Navigator of the Seas, eastern caribbean. On the packing question, I wore less than 1/2 of the clothes I packed. During the day, I wore shorts and t-shirts while off the ship, with the exception of a bathing suit and coverup when we did the beach excursion in St. Marteen. Most of the time on the ship during the day, I wore my bathingsuit and coverup. While eating breakfast in the dining room, I would have on shorts/top and then, change into the bathing suit with the coverup. I ate lunch in the Windjammer in the coverup which alot of people were during. In the evening, I wore a gown one night(formal night), skirt and blouse another night, capris/dress pants and blouse on the other nights. I packed matte jersey pants, (they don't wrinkle and are great for traveling) which were GREAT!!I packed a different outfit for each day for during the day and didn't wear over 1/2 of them. Same thing for dinner, I packed a different outfit for each night, but ended up alternating my pants with different tops and then, rewearing the tops towards the end of the cruise. For the formal night, I saw gowns, cocktail dresses,pant suits and skirts and blouses.
I guess it is a matter of preference. I don't like wearing high heels and found walking in them a little difficult on the ship due to the flooring. So I wore mules and sandals and felt very comfortable. I did see a lot of men wearing shorts in the dining room for dinner which is prohibited, but they did it anyway. I didn't like that. My husband wore khakis/golf shirts and still felt like he was on vacation without resorting to shorts for dinner.

You will receive the "Compass" each night to tell you about what activities are going on for the next day. The poolside activities that I saw lasted from 20-30 minutes. We carried the "Compass" around with us so we would know at all times what was going on.

Getting back to the what to pack dilemma, I was so afraid that I wouldn't have enough clothes or would feel out of place, that I way over packed and wish I would have listened to the other posts. I could have gotten away with two suitcses for 4 people instead of five suitcases!!!
Relax and enjoy yourself!!!! People aren't going to care or even notice what you are wearing (as long as it isn't shorts in the dining room during dinner :0)
Hope this helps!
Bopper
Old 03-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

Not sure you want to hear the answers of what color bathing suits to wear on this forum....never know what you might here.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM

Hi Harvey,

It's the islands mon, no worries! I'm with Bopper. You're going to see everything. I actually saw people in jeans on formal nights! For the ladies, regular dresses are fine for formal nights, nice pants and tops are fine for smart casual and capris are fine for casual. I brought one pair of nice sandals to go with my dresses and pants and one pair of more casual sandals for the capris. Hubby brought one sport coat, which he donned with a tie for formal nights, and wore nice pants (I think he brought 4 pair total and just wore them twice) and golf shirts or button downs for the rest of the nights.If you want to get more fancy, great, but you will not feel out of place if you don't. Every excursion we went on had something to do with water, so we wore our suits and cover ups most of the day every day. I may have gone through two pair of shorts and two tops the whole week.
Even though they tell you you can't board until 2:00pm, we were there at noon and walked right on. No lines at all and everyone was ready to welcome us. Went and had lunch at the Windjammer and were in our cabins by 12:45. I heard people who were coming in at 2:00, complaining about how long the lines were.
Can't help with the shore excursions, but I would imagine you can rent scooters on any island.
Photographers are everywhere! They will have several nights where they will be taking portrait pictures and they are on every island as you get off the ship. All that will be in the Compass, like Bopper mentioned. Everything is all very well communicated. Have FUN!!!!

NC Liz

p.s. If you keep reading this post, you WILL be a pro. I have gotten so much helpful info by checking it every day.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Banned

Ditto to everything said thus far. RE: color of bathing suit; I'd go with a chartreuse/hot pink combo with yellow, purple, and blue bunnies.....uh, turtles. Have fun, mon!...don't forget to pack the size 6 pumps.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

Great.. Thanks for all the great info. you all answered me, and I am more and more happier i choose RCI. SO has anyone sailed on sorgience of the seas before? GOt pics of it?

Closed Thread