Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 07:02 AM

Hi folks,
I have read a lot about the soda packages / wine packages on board and I hate to sound like an Alcoholic but are there similar packages for wine / other alcoholic drinks?

Thanks all
Old 12-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Here are the RCI drinks packages, which only includes soft drinks and dinner wine as choices. There is no package for beer/liquor.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:07 PM

RCI currently offers wine packages for wine served in the dining room (you could take a bottle with you out of the dinning room). The packages are categorized in 3 packages called Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Each higher package costs a bit more and includes the wines in the lower packages plus a few additions. They sell these packages for different numbers of bottles and on our recent transatlantic they had them for 5, 7, and 10 bottles. The cost varies for each package (no advantage to more bottles) and I believe the middle package (Platinum) worked out to about $29 per bottle. The savings over regular prices really varies depending on which bottles you order and it would be possible to lose money if you got the cheaper wines that they have on the package.

Hank
Old 01-04-2008, 07:39 PM

Yep wine packages for dinner only. A good deal I guess if you typically drink wine with dinner. Got the cheaper one last time and the wine was good.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:44 AM

Hello,
I think we are gold, whatever that means. Does this mean I can have wine at my meal with no charge, or just soft drinks?
Thanks, Norma

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 AM

Wine costs extra,soft drinks costs extra,everything costs extra.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank:
RCI currently offers wine packages for wine served in the dining room (you could take a bottle with you out of the dinning room). The packages are categorized in 3 packages called Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Each higher package costs a bit more and includes the wines in the lower packages plus a few additions. They sell these packages for different numbers of bottles and on our recent transatlantic they had them for 5, 7, and 10 bottles. The cost varies for each package (no advantage to more bottles) and I believe the middle package (Platinum) worked out to about $29 per bottle. The savings over regular prices really varies depending on which bottles you order and it would be possible to lose money if you got the cheaper wines that they have on the package.
If we want to enjoy a bottle of wine on our balcony each night, if we purchase the wine pkg. can we take the entire bottle back to our cabin after dinner? Or can we purchase a bottle of wine each night for our cabin? I thought the alcohol you purchased on ship was held until the day you depart. Just trying to figure out what the most cost effective way is to do this.

Closed Thread