Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2002, 04:42 PM

Hi Were travelling Feb/9/03 on the A.O.T.S and presently we are booked for an inside stateroom. We booked quite early and are wondering what our chances of getting upgraded to a "Room with a view" anyone have any comments or experiences..Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 04:49 PM

Don't know how it works out for RCL, but we just booked yesterday on sister company Celebrity, where I am entitled to an upgrade. This was their answer. "Upgrades are available to inside, inside, or outside, outside only". We had booked a balcony on a 2 week cruise, and couldn't get an upgrade. Based on their terminology, I personally wouldn't be optimistic, but someone might have better info than me. In our case, they seem to penalize the people that sail with them more, and spend more money. Good luck, and let us know how you make out. Every cruise line is different in how they handle upgrades.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:05 AM
Banned

I read an article written by a professional cruise reviewer where he suggested to book the cabin category that you want because he has never recieved an upgrade into another category and he has sailed on hundreds of cruises.

I have had cabin guarantees and each time we got the bottom of the guaranteed cabin.

My travel agent told me that it is very rare to go from inside to outside, outside to balcony and etc. By saying rare I guess it does happen.

I have also read where people claim to have booked a category M and got the Owner's suite. Some people put 75 cents into a slot machine and hit for hundreds of thousands of dollars. I guess some people are just lucky. I am not one of them.

If an outside or balcony is something that you really want you may want to book it. Otherwise just be happy with what you get and anything else is a bonus.

Good luck. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Closed Thread