Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2005, 03:58 PM

Ive been reading some posts and I just wanted to ask a few questions. First off my Fiance and I are going to Bermuda this weekend on the Voyager of the seas, 5 nights. I planed to pay the tips up front for both of us and the drink package. Can anybody give me a round about fiqure? Just wondering how much it might cost. I have everything packed is their anything special I should take, that maybe someone who has never been on a cruise before wouldnt think of taking? Does royal caribbean have a buffet style dinner? My Fiance is really really picky but she can usually always find something to eat at a buffet, it seems like she wont have a problem finding something but just wondering. Thanks in advance, cant wait till Sunday.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:59 PM

You shouldn't have to make a special effort to prepay the gratuities as they are now virtually always automatically charged to your shipboard account. Figure it will be about $10 per passenger per day.

As far as suggestions of things to take, there is a packing list accessible through our sister site, cruisereviews.com. Personally I'd suggest a travel alarm clock (windup or battery best), an extension cord, and perhaps a small flat plug-in nightlight - especially handy if you have an inside cabin! Oh yes, something you won't find on any list, but is essential: the attitude that you will have fun, no matter what happens!

Picky eaters will probably find plenty of good choices in the dining room as well as the buffet. Try both, but don't skip the dining room. Between about 5 different entree choices on the menu (plus a few standards not always listed) - not to mention all the choices in soups, salads, and desserts - even the pickiest eater would have trouble going hungry!

Have a great time!!
Old 05-27-2005, 05:00 AM

Thanks so much, only 2 more days to go.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:52 AM

Chris - I would love to hear ALL about your experiences when you return!! We are scheduled to cruise to Bermuda on VOS at the end of June. I am curious as to how you felt about kings Wharf. Also, what cabin did you have? How was the food? Tell, tell, tell!!

campermom
Old 06-03-2005, 03:23 PM

Here is a quick review, ill try to write good review later this week. I have never been on a cruise ship bofore and I think I picked the right one to start on. The ship is huge, my fiance got lost everyday because she really didnt pay much attention to where she was. If you pay attention and look at the maps which are everywhere it will not take long to get your bearings. The room I had was 8597 which was overlooking the promonade, for the price of the room I was satisfied. The only problem I had was the bed is really hard. If you like a soft bed bring a bed cover if they allow you to. Other than then that the room was great and Edward our attendent was very helpful. The food was overall good, I dont like sea food so that was kind of tuff but they had prime rib and black angus w/ herb butter was on the menu every night (very, very good steak). Plus alot more that most people will find pleasing. They now charge $3.95 per meal at Johnny Rockets but it is well worth it, but their are still lines for lunch. Over all the food was ok, I didnt have a problem finding anything to eat could it be better, yes but it was good enough for me and my fiance. The only other problem I had was they served Coke and Sprite and I hate Coke so I had Sprite and water for 5 days. We arived in Kings Wharf in the morning around 8am and went snorkeling right away, not bad too many kids splashing around so the fish were scattered but overall good experiance. We bought a bus and ferry pass for $20 each for 2 days, well worth it. Took the ferry to Hamilton then a bus to St. George. St. George is small so if you do that on the first day you dont have to worry about getting back on time before the ship leaves, it took about 90 min overall to get to St. George. We finised the day in Hamilton spending my money. The second day we took the bus to the beach and just hung out for a couple hours, it was kind of cold and overcast both days we were there. The beaches were awsome. Finished the last half of the day at Kings Wharf so we wouldnt miss the boat. I would say Kings Wharf is a little far out their but the high speed ferry takes about 30min to get to Hamilton so not too bad. Hope you have a good time I wish we had more time on the island so get a good map and print the ferry schedule and bus schedule out online with the routes and plan ahead you can see alot in 2 days if you plan ahead. Just make sure to relax a little it is beautiful. Make sure you make it back to the ship, 4 people missed the ship and had to fly back. Ill post a longer review when I get time this week or next. Good luck I hope this helped. Now I have to plan our next cruise, I cant get enough.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:50 AM

Chris,
I know you posted to assist CamperMom, but just wanted to thank you for sharing the highlights. You provided some great tips and I look forward to your more thorough review. (Make sure to submit it to CruiseReviews.com for posting on the site.)
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
hamilton, kings, wharf