Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:35 PM

I just booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I had a choice between 2 balcony rooms. One was I believe 7624 which was mid-ship and the one I ended up booking which is 9706 (beside the Royal Suite on the back of the ship...I'm sorry if I don't know aft, port etc...). Has anyone been on the back of the ship before.....I'm just worried about getting seasick, is it rocky etc.... The Travel Agent said the ship is so big we shouldn't feel it and it has an awesome deck with a panoramic view. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:35 PM

I just booked a cruise on Freedom of the Seas. I had a choice between 2 balcony rooms. One was I believe 7624 which was mid-ship and the one I ended up booking which is 9706 (beside the Royal Suite on the back of the ship...I'm sorry if I don't know aft, port etc...). Has anyone been on the back of the ship before.....I'm just worried about getting seasick, is it rocky etc.... The Travel Agent said the ship is so big we shouldn't feel it and it has an awesome deck with a panoramic view. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 PM

Hi christinelee and welcome to Cruise Chat.

The Freedom of the Seas IS a very huge ship, and I'm told getting a balcony at the back of the ship is a great room to have. I've never sailed in an aft balcony but I'm pretty sure you'll be hearing from people who have done it. You'll have a great time.

Sandy
Old 11-28-2007, 06:27 PM

Hello christinelee10, welcome to Cruise-Chat! I was on the Liberty a few weeks ago and had a balcony cabin on the back corner of the ship. I have to let you know that there will be a 10% obstructed view. The Liberty is the sister ship to the Freedom so the deck plan is the same.

All the Voyager class ships have those rings that kind of spoil the view. Sure the balcony is bigger, but do you want this view? I've had this rear view a few different times, and on the liberty I got them to change my cabin to one on the side of the ship. I'm just trying to get you the some concept. If you happen to encounter rought seas, a mid ship stateroom will give you a better ride. Hope this helps...

Sonny
Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 PM

I've never been on the back of a ship. But when we was on Freedom we had a balcony room #7326 right across the ship from your #7624. It is very close to the elevator and in my opinion THE perfect location. That is a little hike to go to the back of the ship.

It was our first cruise so we didn't know how we would handle the seasickness. We took the pills and the wristbands with us, just in case. We didn't have 1 ounce of trouble, even our 4 year old didn't. You can feel the movement, but it certainly was not enough to bother any of us. I hope this helps a little.

10-14-07 Freedom of the Seas
10-04-08 Liberty of the Seas
Old 12-08-2007, 05:51 PM

We have had a cabin on the very back before and it was wonderful but that was on a smaller ship. I would heed Sonny's advice & book the mid-ship cabin. Near an elevator if you can. Freedom is a HUGE ship and you will do plenty of walking just checking out the ship. She is VERY long. We were on her this past April and I know that you will enjoy your time there. Also, if you are going to try the FlowRider, wear shorts & a tee shirt!! Otherwise you may be showing more than just your surfing skills.
Enjoy your cruise!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
2008, aft, balcony, cabin, caribbean, freedom, liberty, midship, obstructed, october, partially, pictures, rear, review, royal, seas, view