Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 01:23 PM

Three days later and I still do not have E-Docs. I have had no response from the travel agent yesterday or today. What should I do?
I will never ever book through an online agency again. I used cruise-compete and I thought that I was getting a great deal, but I'm not too sure about that. I booked with what I thought was a big name company, Cruise Planners, there were rave reviews on the cruise-compete website, and I guess I fell for it.
When I went to make my second payment after the deposit, I was told that I didn't pay the correct amount the first time, that there was an accounting error and that although my contract and the information that the travel agent had said that I paid $900.00, he was claiming that the accounting department said that I was only charged $700.00, luckily I was able to back it up with my credit card company, and was not charged an extra $200.00 with the remainder of the balance owed. I was willing to let that go, although I was skeptical, but I figured it was an honest mistake, now with this whole document debacle, I'm not too sure.
At this point, how can I protect myself? I completed my online check-in and printed out my SetSail Pass. Is there anyway that I could possibly be being duped? I called Royal Caribbean and they confirmed that my documents were sent to the travel agent on April 30th. This means that I really did have documents and that I really am on the ship, right?
Old 06-02-2007, 01:37 PM

Murruiz,

First, simply go to www.royalcaribbean.com

1. There is a bar of tabs across the top of your screen. The middle one says "Before You Board"
2. Put your cursor over that tab and a drop down menu will appear. One of the choices says "Online Registration"
3. Click on ti and fill in the blanks. Things like your booking #, ship and sail date, passport (or I.D. and birth cert info).
4. At the end it'll say registration complete. There will be a tab that says click here to print your "Set Sail Pass".
5. Click it and your computer's printer will spit out your boarding pass.

You're now registered and have the only doc you need.

Please don't lump all online agencies together, like anything else there are good ones and not so good ones. Same with the agents that work for them. You'll find the same at local agencies. If you ever get a good one hang onto that person and support them.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-02-2007, 01:45 PM

By the way two days without contact from your agent is not cause for alarm. We in the industry also get days off and since weekends are a busy time our days off are often weekdays. If clients call me on Tues or Wed they will not reach me. It's not that I don't care or their issue is not important to me, I have a life and family outside of the office just like my clients do. If they listen to my voicemail or rear the hours posted on every email I send through the process (there are many) they will have my hours, times when I'm here. My managers email and hours are on there and an emergency contact # as well. Even with all that I occasionally get frantic and sometimes really ugly voicemail and emails about not being able to reach me when they needed to.

Sorry, not trying to blame you for the issues you're having. Your agent may well be a slug. There are some out there. There may also be a reasonable situation that will make better sense when you get that call back, if you ever do.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-02-2007, 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:

Please don't lump all online agencies together, like anything else there are good ones and not so good ones. Same with the agents that work for them. You'll find the same at local agencies. If you ever get a good one hang onto that person and support them.

Cheers, Neil

I'll second that! I had to deal with an online agent with my last cruise because the price was $250 per person less than what my agent could do. My agent released my "next cruise booking" so the other agent could use that booking number in order that I would get my $100 onboard credit. The online agent was great to work with. If you find a good agent, be loyal to him/her. If the price difference wasn't so high, I would have booked my Mariner cruise with my agent. The agency I booked with is the largest in the world; and they had promotional prices on balcony cabins.

Sonny
Old 06-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Sonny, thanks for that post. Well stated!
Old 06-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Administrator

I haven't received any e-docs for the upcoming Liberty cruise either. But as Neil notes...I am all ready to go because I checked in on-line and have my Set Sail Pass sitting here on the table next to me. I'll get my luggage tags at the pier.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Banned

DOCUMENTS!!? I don't need no stinking documents.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, compete, cruise, documents, edocs, pass, reissue, royal, sail, set