Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM

I do not have my cruise documents. I booked with Cruise Planners. The travel agent says they were sent to me last Monday, but they never got here. I called RC and they said that they sent them to the travel agent on April 30th. My travel agent says he can send me a printable version, I assume (after reading a little on this board) he's referring to E-Docs. Should I be worried? I already completed my online check-in and printed out my SetSail pass, but I want something from the cruise line so that I can feel a little more secure. Royal Caribbean says that they will not reissue me cruise documents. Am I overreacting?
Old 05-30-2007, 10:52 AM

I do not have my cruise documents. I booked with Cruise Planners. The travel agent says they were sent to me last Monday, but they never got here. I called RC and they said that they sent them to the travel agent on April 30th. My travel agent says he can send me a printable version, I assume (after reading a little on this board) he's referring to E-Docs. Should I be worried? I already completed my online check-in and printed out my SetSail pass, but I want something from the cruise line so that I can feel a little more secure. Royal Caribbean says that they will not reissue me cruise documents. Am I overreacting?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM

Murruiz,

as long as you have the SetSail pass and your passport or another accepted picture ID / proof of citizenship, you shouldn't worry.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Thanks. I am annoyed that I do not have my documents, mostly annoyed at my travel agent, but partly annoyed that RC won't re-issue them directly to me. I can't even have them issue E-Docs, it has to be through my travel agent. Its ridiculous. Next time I will book directly with the cruise line and not with a travel agent. Oh well, live and learn...
Old 05-30-2007, 01:44 PM

Why are you so quick to criticize your Travel Agent? I once sent a client documents for a trip to Italy via DHL which we pay a fee to have them delivered. The client said they never got them and DHL says they showed they were left at the door. Your Travel Agent offered to take the time to print out E-Docs for you. It isn't their fault that RCI won't re-issue documents. As Raoul says; as long as you have your Set Sail Pass you are set to go. Everyone should get used to the Edocs. Carnival just went to EDocs also.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Sounds as if you are set to go....Enjoy...

Bob E
Old 05-30-2007, 03:11 PM

Maybe the postal service is to blame. what ever the case, you won't need more than your SetSail Pass and your passport as Raoul has stated. You will get you luggage tags at the dock if your docs don't show up. Don't worry, be happy! You're going on a cruise!

Sonny
Old 05-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. I do not mean to sound snippy, however, this isn't the first issue that I have had with the travel agent. Anyway, I will keep my fingers cross that I receive the E-docs., which he says should take "a day or so".
Old 05-30-2007, 08:32 PM

Perhaps you should consider using another travel agent for the next cruise you book. I'm really happy with the one I use. There are a lot of great travel agents out there.

Sonny
Old 05-31-2007, 01:27 AM

Murruiz,

last year, I was to receive RCI cruise documents for my brother from our Hamburg office. The docs were underway for twelve days (!), usually it's one day. Our Hamburg office definitely sent the docs as promised. It was the postal service that delayed them so badly.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, compete, cruise, documents, edocs, pass, reissue, royal, sail, set