Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2003, 10:14 PM

Just wondering what you all thought the best way to get from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport to Port Everglades was. I know taxis are an option, but I've been looking into some shuttles as well. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-07-2003, 10:14 PM

Just wondering what you all thought the best way to get from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport to Port Everglades was. I know taxis are an option, but I've been looking into some shuttles as well. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-08-2003, 05:04 AM

Last year, on Princess, we used their transfer service: large motorcoaches, about $20 per person round trip. It seemed to work very smoothly.

We're headed out on Royal Caribbean next month and are doing the same thing, albeit from Miami this time.

When travelling, I'm always in favor of doing what's the least hassle. I figure the difference between a taxi fare and a transfer fare is pretty much going to disappear against the overall cost of a week's cruise.

-Scott H
Chicago
Old 01-08-2003, 09:49 PM

I don't know what the exact fare is between the airport and dock, but the distance is not that great. You don't have to fight for luggage, and wait for coaches to fill before you can leave. We just pulled into POrt Everglades last month, and dozens of taxis were right at the docks. Probably no more than 10 miles, but new security getting into the port could add "waiting fees" on the taxi aspect. Transfers would probably rise accordingly.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:53 PM

ACTUALLY, the port is CONNECTED to FLL airport, you go to the exit and take a left right into the port. I would NOT recommend the coaches because you do have to wait. The cab ride should be $7-12 (depending on how reputable the cabbie is). The drive back is a bit longer, but still should be about the same, and the buses take a while to load and unload, GO WITH THE CAB!
Old 01-10-2003, 10:17 PM

Don't know how the previous post got the idea that the airport and port were connected. I had a condo and lived in Forst Lauderdale for many years. That's not the case. We sailed from Port Everglades on November 30th, and very strict regulations to even get access to the port, which is why I commented about "taxi waiting time". They went through paperwork of the bus driver, also his license, etc. You used to just be able to drive through the port, but not anymore. Have fun. Might get to see some fabulous other ships in port at the same time.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cab, caribbean, distance, everglades, fare, fll, fort, lauderdale, port, recommended, royal, taxi, transfers, transportation