Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 AM

any questions..???

we had fun, spent alot of money, but we had fun, although the food was not that great, and in very small portions, and not alot to choose from

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 10-22-2007, 09:43 AM

You do know you can order as much as you want. Where did you find a selection limited? Glad to hear you had a good time, though. Welcome back.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM

dining room menues, they had about 4 appertizers to choose from, and about 4 entrees to pick from

Free Cruise Tickers

Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 AM

I am looking to book a cruise on the Majesty for August (3 day cruise). This will be my first cruise. Any suggestions on cabin locations? We will probably stick to an interior room. But am curious what is the best location to not feel the boat rocking?
Old 03-05-2008, 12:39 PM

The lower decks have the least rocking motion.I like deck 5 or 6 as they are centrally located.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Younique:
dining room menues, they had about 4 appertizers to choose from, and about 4 entrees to pick from
Four appetizers & four entrees on a cruise ship is pretty much standard. Princess does have 5 entrees offered at diner with 4 other standard available every night. Possibly you expected it to be the same a a restaurant on land?
As far as the size of the portions goes, you could have always ordered more of anything as Penny has said. In a way I'm glad to see the sizes reduced since I've personally seen many people order dinners & dump half of it just to taste different things. If you order an appetizer or two+ a roll+ soup + salad+ a main course + desert (maybe even 2 different ones) it surely would be sufficient for most people. I'm big eater as is my wife & it's a rare occasion when we get two entrees. If their offering lamb chops & always ask the waiter how many they give you & ask him for double on the same plate if there small.
Order all you want but eat all you take.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:41 PM

Yes, four entrees each evening is pretty standard on a cruise. We were on the Majesty last April and loved the food. In fact, I can't think of a single food complaint, as there are literally almost unlimited options for eating onboard. I feel like even if I did not like the entrees served in the dining room (which didn't happen- most everything was wonderful), I could have easily ordered room service, stopped by the pizza or sandwich shop, OR went to the buffet style meal in the Windjammer.

I also can't believe anyone could walk away hungry from a meal onboard, since you can order as much quantity and variety as you wish.

Booked on:
Adventure OTS, 4/09
Old 03-06-2008, 11:25 AM

i have always had an inside cabin; never felt much rocking at all. the inside cabins are the cheapest too! i don't see the need to spend extra on a small room i don't plan on spending much time in at all. there is so much to do so all I do is sleep in there

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-06-2008, 11:31 AM

thank you. I just booked an inside cabin on deck 6 for the cruise in August on the Majesty.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:02 PM

I just returned from the Mariner. The food was excellent! One night I actually had two lobster tails. I never eat two. If ever you are not satisfied with the food tell them. They will accomodate you I guarantee.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread