Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 AM

being that this is our first cruise.....we are curious of the owners suite that we got. (room #1330) i have a feeling it might ruin us for other rooms! i have seen posts that some peoples rooms get bumped or given to diamond plus members at last minute. has anyone experienced having their room taken from them?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:36 AM

The few times I've ever been "bumped" was to a better room. They cannot give you less than what you paid for without compensation. A suite will naturally spoil you, but I'll bet you can make do with a balcony room Best wishes!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:03 AM

Yes, if this is your first cruise and you go this route, you will definitely be ruined!!! LOL!!! Go for it though, you will love it.

As far as getting bumped from an assigned room, that is not going to happen. I think what you read about sometimes is folks trying to get an upgrade will sometimes not get it because of higher level C&A members getting first preference. I have never heard of someone getting bumped from an assigned room unless they got upgraded. Being in an owners suite, I don't think you have any higher to go!! I would hate to think someone bumped me out of our Jr. Suite on the Liberty next month!! It wouldn't be a pretty sight!!! LOL!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 AM

As far as getting bumped from an assigned room, that is not going to happen. I think what you read about sometimes is folks trying to get an upgrade will sometimes not get it because of higher level C&A members getting first preference. I have never heard of someone getting bumped from an assigned room unless they got upgraded. Being in an owners suite, I don't think you have any higher to go!! I would hate to think someone bumped me out of our Jr. Suite on the Liberty next month!! It wouldn't be a pretty sight!!! LOL!![/quote]
THANX SOOO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT! i was really starting to get nervous about it, as it is my gift to my hubby for his big five-0.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:43 PM

You're welcome! Which ship are you on and when do you leave? I would make sure RCCL knew the situation too. Sometimes, they will give some extra suprises. You can also go online and order gifts, door decorations, cake, etc. and they will have it waiting in the room on your arrival. Good luck and happy sailing. It will by your husband's fondest birthday memory for sure!!!

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-01-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by electech:
You're welcome! Which ship are you on and when do you leave? I would make sure RCCL knew the situation too. Sometimes, they will give some extra suprises. You can also go online and order gifts, door decorations, cake, etc. and they will have it waiting in the room on your arrival. Good luck and happy sailing. It will by your husband's fondest birthday memory for sure!!!
its the 04/012/08 t/a on the navigator of the seas. and thank you so much for the "heads up"!
i will be sure and call, asap! thanks
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 AM

I just noticed this again and it looks like you are on the 04/12/08 Trans Atlantic cruise. If that is so, then check in with Sonny V here on the forum. He is going to be on the same cruise and maybe you guys will get a chance to meet. Happy cruising.

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
Old 11-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Yep, 4/12/08 on the Navigator is a transatlantic cruise ending up in Barcelona. It's a 14 night cruise, and a perfect time to be in an owners suite. The only thing better is the Royal suite. I was in a owners suite on the Voyager last December, and I loved it. This picture is only 1/4 of the suite.

Sonny
Old 11-07-2007, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
It's a 14 night cruise, and a perfect time to be in an owners suite. The only thing better is the Royal suite. I was in a owners suite on the Voyager last December, and I loved it. This picture is only 1/4 of the suite.

Sonny
[IMG:left]
http://sonnyv.smugmug.com/photos/120874851-S.jpg[/IMG]
ooooh sonny-
the 1/4 picture is very telling of the space in the room! how exciting! we hope to meet you on the cruise.....happy sailing. will you be spending any time in europe after the cruise?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:32 AM

No, I have a flight booked the day the cruise ends. It would be nice to meet on the cruise. We'll probably be spending some quality time in the Concierge Lounge. We are hoping to be upgraded on this cruise. As of now, we have a D-1 balcony on the bump out. Here is the bedroom in an owner's suite...

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, caribbean, crituque, navigator, owner, owners, picture, pictures, review, reviews, royal, sea, seas, suite, suites