Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 08:14 AM

my first cruise i went on i didnt use anything and i was miserable!! from then on out its the tranderm patch..just get a script from your doc..i put it on right when i wake up the morning of the cruise. It works great..you change it every 3 days. just dont be alarmed if you get dialated pupils well into the medication. it is one of the side affects and it always happens to me. i looked like a creepy halloween charecter for about a day after taking the patch off because i had one giant pupil and one normal one!!other that that i wouldn't cruise without it
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 PM

As big as cruise ships are, you probably won't feel anything unless there are storms or strong winds. I brought dramamine with me and took it about an hour before we set sail from Miami and it was a good thing I did because we had very rough seas. It wouldn't hurt to bring along dramamine or some other motion sickness medicine, as it will be cheaper at a drugstore than buying it onboard.

Read the instructions, as if you wait until you hit rough seas then take it, it probably won't work. Dramamine recommends taking it an hour before travel. Also, try to get the less drowsy formula of Dramamine.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 10-07-2007, 06:37 PM
The bead bracelets work for some people...I've never been motion sick on any of the ships...but then I guess there is a first time for everything....they are sooooo big that it takes a BIG storm to rock them...and they usually can get out of the way....Happy sailing..

Bob E
Old 10-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I think whether or not you'll get sick also depends on what you're like in other situations... for instance, sometimes I get nauseous in the backseats of cars, and I always get violently nauseous in smaller boats. I can't ride backwards in a limo without getting ill. I'm just very sensitive, motion-wise.

On our last two cruises, there were nights when the boat was pitching pretty good and a lot of people seemed to be getting a little green. I ended up throwing up on the Miracle during one rocky night, despite my patch. But 99% of the time I feel fine with the patch.

If you're not the type of person to get motion sick in other situations, you'll probably be fine. Doesn't hurt to bring some backup though!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, im, liberty, medicine, motion, nervous, patch, reviews, sea, seas, seasick, ship, sickness, time, treatment