Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi guys,

Im thinking of booking ahead for feb 2010 for Oasis, however does anyone know how much I would need to pay (and when) as a deposit, also if for any reason I need to cancel what would be the situation with this? Totally hooked on the ease of cruising!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Your rules may be different booking from Europe. The normal deposit for a 7 day cruise is $250 per person. The final is due 70 days prior to sailing. If you cancelled prior to final you shouldn't have any penalties. Again though, Europe may have different rules.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:46 AM
thanks Cruise Fanatic, do you think its good to book this far ahead, or should I wait, one thing I want to ensure this time is that Im at the aft of the ship, we were in the front of the ship on liberty deck 6 had to go down to deck 5 walk all the way down the promenade to get the lift back up to deck 11 for the windjammer or dining room... very tiring!
Old 10-21-2008, 04:23 PM

The Oasis comes out in December 2009. Everyone will be wanting to sail on the Newest and largest ship at sea. Booking now gives you better selection of cabin choice. If the price goes down you can have it adjusted. Although with a new ship in the first few month I wouldn't expect it to go down.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:30 PM
thats great thank you for your advice, I trust the weather in february would be ok?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 AM

Hi Corkgirl,
We are based in the UK and booked for Oasis when we were onboard our last cruise in August on Independence of the Seas. It costs 100 per person to secure your stateroom and if you booked through an agent it gets transferred and creditied to them. We are booked on the cruise departing 30th January 2010 (our 10th wedding anniversary!), I have been on a Western Caribbean cruise in late Jan 05 (Voyager of the Seas) and the weather was great and no threst of hurricanes. It is recommended that you book early for choice of stateroom as they will be in high demand as this is the inagural season. Prices are pretty high though, hopefully it will be worth it! I am looking forward to sailing the Eastern Caribbean itinerary Nassau, St Thomas and St Marten. We have been to Nassau before but not the other islands, they are apparently known for some of the best shopping the Caribbean!
I think your deposit will be lost if you cancel, I think it is 12 weeks before you need to pay the full amount, so plenty of time to save up!
Booking this early is a bit of a gamble, but at least your price is secured, you get your pick of stateroom and it gives you an amazing holiday to look forward to. If you have travel insurance and have to cancel for any reason than is deemed acceptable (medical etc.) I think you can get your deposit back through your insurance after paying the excess (dependent on your policy)We normally book all of our holidays about a year in advance, becasue of the good pricing, plenty of time for planning and budgeting for your holiday.
We did the package through RCL from Newcastle this time so hopefully the connections will be OK and the hotel they provide for us the night before will be nice (I normally book everything separate but the flight prices were guaranteed at a really good rate, we decided to book as a package). We have decided to tag a few says in Miami before the cruise as well.
Hope this helps in your decision.

Tracy
Old 10-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi Tracy,

Thanks so much, Im just off the phone from one of their agents and she is holding it for me until friday mid day and ill have a definite answer for her by then, there is very little choice of cabins left 'apparently', Im a bit nervous booking ahead - would you mind me asking your flights - You can pm me if you wish, Im just wondering if I should book my flights separately and who are you flying with?

thanks a mill Im so excited!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Does anyone know when the last neighborhood is suppose to be announced I thought it was October 21st but I don't find anything?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-22-2008, 06:42 AM

Yes it was announced last night. Look here .
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 AM

My wife and I have discussed booking a cruise on the eighth continent but we have yet to do so. Perhaps, I will wait until the newness wears off before I board the leviathan.

Closed Thread