Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2005, 02:13 PM

I am planning my 5th cruise next year and am trying to decide between explorer and navigator. I've been on 2 RCCL ships in the past and thought the food "looked" better than how it really "tasted" but I know that's been a set back for the ships so far.
Nowhere in the reviews for navigator do I see such terrible reviews on food as on other RCCL, could the food actually be better on some ships?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:13 PM

I am planning my 5th cruise next year and am trying to decide between explorer and navigator. I've been on 2 RCCL ships in the past and thought the food "looked" better than how it really "tasted" but I know that's been a set back for the ships so far.
Nowhere in the reviews for navigator do I see such terrible reviews on food as on other RCCL, could the food actually be better on some ships?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:01 PM

I have cruised on both Explorer and Navigator and I don't know how to compare the two without sounding totally one-sided. If I rated both ships from 1 to 10, Explorer is a 4 and Navigator was an 8 1/2. Both trips were family group cruises of 8 cabins on each. I don't think the only reason was it was a newer ship. We were in such an agreement, our group is booked back on Navigator for '05. It was cleanliness, food, freindlier crew, better production shows, Navigator had 2 promenade parades and Explorer had 1, the ice show was better, the cruise director was better, the captain was more accessible. The only thing on Explorer that I noticed a difference was that Explorer had the kids swim area with the big water slide on the back of the ship and Navigator did not. Oh yeah and Explorer had the ocean lab, which no other ship has. But this is just my opinion.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:01 PM

We are booked on the Navigator in Oct. If you go by all the reviews that are out there it sound like the navigator is by far the best.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback, it's hard to believe they can be so different. Based on these points made, I am swaying toward Navigator this time.
Thanks again!
Old 01-09-2005, 03:33 PM

Hi, We went on Sov and then Explorer. The food on the explorer i thought was NOT very good except in Portifinos ? That was good but $20 p/p. I would not go on the Explorer again.

Closed Thread

Tags
explorer, navigator