Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Banned

Our arrival at Vancouver was a nightmare. The quest relations told us to go to deck 4 at 7am and gave us an express ticket so we would not miss our flight out.We asked quest relations specifically 4 times prior where we go to get off the ship and were told 4 times > deck 4 right infront of the quest relations counter. We arrived at the right time like many others. We were handling our own luggage because the ship could not guarentee we would be off in time. That was fine we did not have a problem with that. Elevators were impossible to get on with luggage because they were always full, so we carried our luggage down 3 flights of stairs and stood where we were told too, deck 4 infront of the counter. Then an announcement came on saying to go to deck 5 to leave the ship, meanwhile everyone who did not have an express exit ticket were all on deck 5. We had to carry our luggage up 2 flights of stairs with many other people because, same as before the elevators were full of people. I will never travel Royal Carribean again. The staff are stupid and do not know how to organize the simplest thing as exits. We stood around on deck 4 for approximately 20 minutes before the announcement to go to deck 5.The same staff who told us to depart from deck 4 were working the night before when we paid our tab and asked them at that time where do we go. Our door was left open 3 times by the cleaning staff during our trip.The art auction was poorly organized you would think on a trip to Alaska there would be some wildlife-NOT- They had 4 prints poorly done. They promote diamond stores in all ports, because Royal Carribean owns them.The free gifts were crap and time consuming. Junneau was the biggest town and the shortest stop over.Food was excellent and the waiters were friendly and efficient.Sernade of the seas is a beautiful ship, but the staff need an attitude adjustment. They have no manners and are quite abrupt.They need a lesson on how to treat passengers with respect. SUggestion for Royal Carribean<< Out of the many elevators on board, one should be reserved for people who have to carry their own luggage out! For Matt- YOU GET OUT THERE!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:25 PM

Perhaps a week in New York City would better suit your taste in vacations, Yo?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:05 AM

You know what!? No, I will control myself. Calm. I am very calm. Okay, here we go. I just got back from a safari/guided tour of Africa about 2 months ago. (Okay, thats not JUST getting back, but you get the point.) Wow. People were barely clothed, children were scary thin, people were carrying water on their heads that was filthy and dirty, the list goes on and on. So before you start complaining about how the FREE gifts were terrible, the lines were horrible, think of the people in Africa who are trying to simply stay alive. Now please, every topic you create is full of bitching and negativity, so please leave these forums, as this is a positive, nice place (from my brief, two-week expirience). So if you don't want to cruise, ****ing don't! Oh, and you probably hate me, as I am cruising (!!!) in little more then a day! Now got the heck away! Shoo! Scat! Okay, I'm done.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
just got back from a safari/guided tour of Africa about 2 months ago.
Hey CruiseFan_85 - so where did you go? I was in Kenya and Tanzania (3+ weeks) with A&K a couple of years ago and can't wait to go back. I keep looking at the cruises that sail out of or into Mombasa and drooling Did you stay at the Mt Kenya Safari Club??? Wow - I loved it and could have just moved in! What did you think of the "main highway" in Kenya - we had potholes big enough to lose a VW

By the way, we ALL need to ignore had2bethere and hope they go away to a Tibetan monastery for re-tooling. Wait, no, they would b***ch about everything and really put those monks thru hell. Raoul - is there anything you can do???

Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 AM

To be honest, Chuck, I really wasn't interested in it, mostly for my gfriend (she loves these hiking things). I beleive we were at a Kenyan wildlife perserve, or the equivilant (But don't quote me on that!) for about a week) However, I think that the monks could handle him/her! I also think it would be in the intrest of everyone if we take him/her to them! Anyway, we were doing the safarri, and were only on a highway with HUGE gaping holes for a short period of time before we were on smaller trail-type things. Actually, we camped at popular places, different every night, so it was like camping in the mountains back home, what with the hard dirt and all. Anyway, there were about 30 people at each stop that were on tours similar to ours. Like I said, my gfriend could give the complete directions, down to the paths taken. Me, I wore a hat and hoped that it would be fun to look at some cool animals!
However, this cruise coming up is more up my alley! Maybe I can get my gfriend and you can talk to her, as she knows ALOT more then I do!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:47 AM

We didn't actually "rough it" nor did we do any "hiking" - we stayed in "tents" (with hardwood floors, showers, toilets, full size beds, writing desks, ceiling fans, etc.) and traveled in Land Cruisers - in the evening they would put out tables with white linen tableclothes for dinner. Cocktails and dinner were served by the staff wearing shorts and white jackets with black bow ties. All very Ernest Hemmingway! The animal sightings were fantastic, however. We were fortunate to see the "BIG FIVE" - not often people get to see a leopard! Even the guides were excited. Sorry you didn't enjoy it. Here is a link to some pics of my trip. http://photos.yahoo.com/stoneyspringok

Old 07-06-2006, 11:12 AM

The pics look awsome, and it seems to be a compromise between my style of chillin' and my girlfried's style of "escaping". We may just have to check this out! Thanks alot for the pics!

Closed Thread