Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Before you say anything....I did a search, the best way I know how and did not find the "current" answer to my inquiry. The last I could find about Johnny Rockets was posted in 2005.
I would like the latest info on cover charges, soda charges and milk shakes in Johnny Rockets.
Also, while doing my search, I saw a post stating that some cruise line is starting to charge a small fee for room service. Just to try to reduce the number of room service requests. Can any of you "gurus" enlighten me on the latest. Going on the ADventure of the Seas in Feb.2008 and would like to know. I have been on the Voyager, but in 1999 and there was no fees at that time.
I have no problem paying the fees, but I want to let the others, who are first-timers) know of these extra charges on board.
Johnny Rockets is well worth the cover charge.
Do any of you know the latest? I could not find on their web site.
Thank so much.
kathycruiser

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2007, 11:18 AM

Before you say anything....I did a search, the best way I know how and did not find the "current" answer to my inquiry. The last I could find about Johnny Rockets was posted in 2005.
I would like the latest info on cover charges, soda charges and milk shakes in Johnny Rockets.
Also, while doing my search, I saw a post stating that some cruise line is starting to charge a small fee for room service. Just to try to reduce the number of room service requests. Can any of you "gurus" enlighten me on the latest. Going on the ADventure of the Seas in Feb.2008 and would like to know. I have been on the Voyager, but in 1999 and there was no fees at that time.
I have no problem paying the fees, but I want to let the others, who are first-timers) know of these extra charges on board.
Johnny Rockets is well worth the cover charge.
Do any of you know the latest? I could not find on their web site.
Thank so much.
kathycruiser

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2007, 12:18 PM

Here is a link to discussion topics on Johnny Rockets. The latest being May of this year.
http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=Joh...orum_scope=162603081
From what I hear, the best time to show up is after everyone has left for their excursions!
Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 PM

Thanks Ken. I did see that post, but it does not answer my questions. I went back to it and went from top to bottom. It just says that JR is great and about the charge for malts, but does not say how much for the cover charge or the malts. I will look again, but it mostly talks about ice cream on these particular posts.
I am looking for more detail.
Thanks for the tip about going on the port days when it is not as crowded. I am probably going to be off the ship as well. We have plans for every day in port. But, I do love the time on board when most passengers are off the ship. Especially at the pool areas. I just may change my plans on a day or so.
Thanks.
kathycruiser

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Administrator

The cover charge is $3.95 per person. C&A members get one free entry each. Sodas are the same as if bought at a bar - unless you have the coke card and then they are included. I don't recall the price for shakes or malts.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:18 PM

Thanks Dave. I will pass that info on to my traveling companions.
Of course, some will b***h and others won't care at all. Vacation is a time for splurging, whatever it is!!
It is not that we don't have time to plan our budget and then do our best to see how far we can go over it!!! Ha. I am good at that.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-09-2007, 04:02 PM

To the best of knowledge and memory, room service is still a free service. That being said, a couple of dollars to the one delivering room service is customary and, typically, will result in very prompt service should you place another order.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:55 AM

Oh yes, we always tip the room service delivery person. And we always get our morning coffee on time!!

Usually $2.00....but, depending on how much we have ordered, it can be up to $5.00.
I find that very fair to those who are running their butts off trying to get those orders out.

Thanks for the input. I am passing all of this info on to the group of friends going with me.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
additional, caribbean, carribean, cost, cruise, fee, johnny, prices, rccl, rci, rockets, room, royal, service, tip